New to the Samsung Moment Two IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Killroy_Was_Here

Killroy_Was_Here New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my new Samsung Moment and I like it so far but I have two issues.

One I'm not able to install Opera Mini. If I try to install from the app store the Opera install screen screen shows up and loads half way and closes. If I try to download from Opera's web page I get what looks like a java app.

When I connect my Phone to the PC nothing happens. The phone will charge but the PC dose not load the driver.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. Gizmodo

Gizmodo Well-Known Member

I was unable to load Opera Mini as well. Same issue as you. I tried Steel though, and I really like it. Dolphin comes recommended in this forum as well. I tried it, but overall, I prefer Steel.
    As to your other issue, I have not connected my phone to the computer yet so I cannot comment.
    Bit of advice: if you plan to use Nuance voice control, start it, hit menu, go to settings for nuance and train it. That helps a lot.;)
    I traded in a Hero for the Moment and I am glad I did.

3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

1. opera mini doesn't work on our phone yet... i'm sure there's a way to get it to run via a java app, but right now it hasn't been running.

2. when you connect your phone to your pc, try power cycling (turning off and on) your phone... sometimes it'll recognize it then. remember, you'll need to 'mount' your SD card from your phone to be able to access your SD card from your computer.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

As mentioned, Opera doesn't work on the Moment and hasn't been updated in quite a while. Check out Dolphin, it's arguably the best Android browser out there now.
    When you try to connect to your pc, are you mounting the sd card on the Moment (pull down the notification menu, select USB connected then mount)?

5. BenHoltz

BenHoltz Well-Known Member

The FAQ has a fix for your connection issue...
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/14136-moment-faq-guide-common-questions.html

6. Killroy_Was_Here

Killroy_Was_Here New Member This Topic's Starter

Aright thank you very much problem solved.

7. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Id definitely try dolphin its my favorite browser ive used i liked steel but i had to many force closes with it so i uninstalled it