New to this Smoked Glass Mod........ HELP!!

Last Updated:

1. one2thr

one2thr New Member This Topic's Starter

Will a Smoked Glass update delete or overwrite my flashed Motorola Droid thats currently on the Cricket service or in other words will it mess up my flashed service causing me to have to get it re-flashed back to cricket? Or is it like a somewhat update for ROOTED phone users that want to increase there phone's capabilities as compared to the stocked Android versions that were already released? I would hate to have to re-flash it even though its simple.......

Ok I did the update and so far the only problems are:
    -That my 3G, or internet access through Cricket doesnt work anymore
    -I cannot gain access to the Android Market, neither through Wifi or 3G (But as I mentioned my 3G doesnt work any more)
    -I cannot gain access to GMAIL through App, even on Wifi
    -GPS switch doesnt turn on GPS feature nor does the switch within the [Location & Security] enables the GPS feature
    -In the [Add an account] the Gmail account has been deleted
    -In the [Privacy settings] the only option available is "Factory data reset," Im not sure if thats a major problem but I thought I'd mention it

But the plus's that I noticed so far are:
    -The speed of my phone has increased greatly
    -Youtube videos are now playable through the pre-installed app

Does anybody know any possible fixes to the above problems, if so i'd appreciate it?
    -Or to answer my question would my problem be fixed if I return back to my previous ROM that I backed up and then update it in order from v7 to v8 to v9 then to v10?
    -Cause my previous ROM was Smoked Glass v6.0
    -And if I do a factory reset will it delete my FLASHED service causing me to have to re-flash my phone?
    PHP:

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I wanna welcome you to the Android Forums community. Glad you're here! Feel free to PM me if you need some help finding your way around! :D

BTW, you've posted a root question in the welcome section, so I'll move it to the droid root section for you! :D Again, welcome! Glad you signed up. I hope this helps you! :)