New "Today Screen" for Andriod call SlideScreen...anyone try it yet?

Last Updated:

1. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

I found it for free last week, not sure if it was a beta or not (can't access that site from work).

I might give it a try to see how it is when I have time to install it on my phone later on.

Just downloaded it on my phone now and installed it, turns out the "free" version I got was a beta. So far, it's a pretty nice and clean interface. I got an e-mail right after I installed it and was playing around with it, and it reminded me a lot of my old WM6.1 device, which I really enjoyed.

There are some quirks, though. Doesn't seem like you can run it as a widget on one of your scenes, which would be nice. Instead, it wants to replace your homescreen, which you can decline. If you decline it, it just runs as a standard app, which seems kinda pointless.

Gonna keep playing around with it.

3. strtdusty

strtdusty Member

Doesn't look like it is a public beta. I signed up and it said more testers would be contacted later.

4. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted a photo of what the Slide Screen looks like. I tried in on my Hero and it looks slamming!!!!! However, it could be more customizable....maybe it might be in the future seeing as how it just came out :rolleyes:

I hope more come out like this, or this one finds a way to keep the other six home screens also...and doesn't want to be solo. It might be better if you go the "Pro" version....but I don't, and haven't paid for an app yet (it has to be a GOOOOOD one for me to invest in) This one almost has me sold ;)

5. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

I like the premise as well. It's a great looking screen and easy to navigate. Again, I hope they can make it a full-screen widget, because making it the only home screen kinda defeats the purpose of SENSE.

I wish they had made it compatible with Facebook to start, but they chose Twitter. that's probably just a matter of time, though.

Great start, and it's looking good. Hope to see more customizable options for the future.

6. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

It's an alright application...

but if that would have more options, it would be a great app.

7. Mauddib

Mauddib Well-Known Member

If I didn't have Sense then I would love this but with Sense it just can't compete yet. It needs to be a little more fluid and customizable before I could see using it. Some sort of Widget would make it better and something I might use. Good first try and I have hopes for something better in the future.

8. RobAGD

RobAGD Well-Known Member

I installed the free version and have been poking around, I like, now if it would just be a full screen widget like others have mentioned, and Facebook etc etc

-R