New Touch Screen

Last Updated:

1. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm actually usually lurking on the HTC Incredible forums, and had originally found a greatly informative article about the new touch screen tech the EVO 4g and Inc will be using.

Does anyone have a site book marked talking about how it's different, how it works, and how it compares to other screens? I know there was an article, and a video of a woman using the technology on a big screen, it looked great. I wanted to show it off...it really is some amazing technology. Any information, quotes or linkage would be appreciated!

I hope you fellow HTC Lovers get your phone soon! :D

Advertisement
  2. XDaydreamerX11

3. ImGreen

ImGreen Well-Known Member

This video is good too... more in depth...
    YouTube - Atmel TechTalk: maXTouch introduction

Slacker4Life and XDaydreamerX11 like this.
  4. gibsonhtp

gibsonhtp Well-Known Member

this is very good news considering the new technology recognizes all types of touches from fingers to fingernails to having gloves on and touching to even using a stylus for signatures and character recognition.

no more capacitive = only fingers and resistive = only stylus

it amazes me that Sprint or HTC wouldn't be showcasing this new "feature" as it's a huge deal in my mind.

5. Zori

Zori Member

Will this technology be fully functional in these two devices or does this just mean its possible? This seems too freakin amazing to be true, has anyone tried using 3 or 4 fingers on the incredible? Does the software allow it? I'm so very excited about the Evo, I've been going on about it for days, but this will take all that excitement and square it! I just hope it'll work on my familys plan, we have unlimited data and everything, but from what I hear Sprint is very strangely picky

6. XDaydreamerX11

Most of the Incredible people have to wait till the 29th, however I would be happy to check it out for you :)

7. Zori

Zori Member

Oh yeah haha silly me, I got so excited I forgot it's not out yet. I'm really really very curious, this would make these phones a dream come true.

8. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Screw the front facing camera, that's ****ing awesome! I love that! It's like having the benefit of the solid surface of a capacitive screen and combining it with the ability to use pointers and stuff like on a resistive touch screen.

Shoot, for $199 or even $299 on a new contract, that's a steal I.M.O. The EVO contains everything that currently is modern. Viva la future.

9. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Hey, foodman, it's been awhile...

10. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

EVO device is very nice but its screen is too sensitive. Due to the size of the screen, if you swipe the screen with one hand, most likely your palm will touch on the "Home" or the "Search" key. :D