New toy for my G1 - Mototola S9General

Last Updated:

1. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got this as a gift yesterday. I was not sure (judging by searches) if it would even work, let alone connect. Interesting thing is, I did not have to go through the instructions in the booklet.

No passcode - no 10-blink parring blue lights, just connected.

Made a phone call and it sounded good... activated the music app, and it sounded awesome. The bass is big, and the high end is crisp.

They are loud, too (for me). Works flawlessly and I am very happy so far.

Anyone else using stereo BT headsets?

Advertisement
  2. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, here is an interesting development now that I Have had time to test it out thoroughly. When still, the devices work perfectly and flawlessly. When outside, this is where things go a little strange.

When I am out in the open, say, an open street, the connection "skips" a bit. Meaning, I lose signal between the two devices.

Interestingly enough, when I walk up against a structure (the G1 is in my carpenter pants side pocket) the device works GREAT. For isntance, I was in an open area between two buildings and the device was skipping - once I walked up against a wall (it was raining and there was an awning) the connection was perfect. I thought that was odd.

Once I walked the length of the building, and was in open space, it happend again - the skipping. I then went into a parking lot, and walked aside some automobiles. Perfect sound.

So, it seems interesting that perhaps the radio signals are missing eachther when in a wide open area, but when against larger structures, things are fine.

Will test more.

3. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

I bought the s9 for my treo which was stolen when I got the G1 I found I couldn't use em until we got 1.5. I was so happy I could listen to music at the gym again. I too have this problem with the s9 but found that it is due to the wind in the microphone of the s9. When I ride my bike with the s9 on it breaks up regularly. I noticed that when I turn my head one way it would clear up a bit and the other way almost totally no sound with a whistling effect. I thought at first it was a connection problem and moved my g1 to the other side of my body but same thing. Then the light bulb came on. It is the wind blowing into the microphone interrupting the music. As long as you are indoors or in still air (close to a building) they are fine. Sucks cause I would also like to go on bike rides with them.