• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Tranquility 2.3.3

yea i have no idea how to do that lol....fantastic

lol just search the forum for reverting back to 2.1 don't ask anyone for it and don't make a thread cuz you can get banned cuz Moto put out some hitman for it or something lol.. make sure you watch the youtube video on it also its makes it so much easier. after you do it once its easy as pie lol. Hope you get your phone working.

Upvote 0
lol just search the forum for reverting back to 2.1 don't ask anyone for it and don't make a thread cuz you can get banned cuz Moto put out some hitman for it or something lol.. make sure you watch the youtube video on it also its makes it so much easier. after you do it once its easy as pie lol. Hope you get your phone working.

thanks a ton man!!!!

Upvote 0
okay so here's my experience:

first off you guys freaked me out about loosing root and not getting it back. I had alrdy ran the update so I thought I was SOL. But I gave it a try anyway. My DX didnt make it easy on me but eventually I got it to cooperate.

I followed the usual instructions that i refer to (yes the droid 2 method): DROID2 Rooting Method Works for DROIDX Running Froyo | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

So I freaked out when I didnt get a # sign, I thought "damn they were right"
I read at the bottom note to try again, so I did and voila!!! I got the #. I was so happy, but only for a little bit. As I continued with the instructions near the end I got a "too many symbolic...." error when doing "chmod 4755 /system/bin/su"

FAIL!!!

I didnt back down though... I looked that error up and found the solution:

Too Many Symbolic Links - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

So now im rooted and have not experienced any lag or FCs. So far so good. I hope this helps some. Oh and for reference I loaded this on top of tranquility 1.5, which I loaded on top of FlyX, lol.

Upvote 0
I really wish it would have been made crystal clear that in installing this update of tranquility there was a possibility that you would lose root access... or more than likely you would. It really pisses me off when I have to flash back to a restored rom. What's the point of releasing a rom that makes you lose root access? Isn't the point of having root to be able to flash roms?

Upvote 0
I really wish it would have been made crystal clear that in installing this update of tranquility there was a possibility that you would lose root access... or more than likely you would. It really pisses me off when I have to flash back to a restored rom. What's the point of releasing a rom that makes you lose root access? Isn't the point of having root to be able to flash roms?

You can get root back with the Droid 2 root method on rootzwiki

It was actually the newest Froyo update that caused root to be lost

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...dw-presents-droid-x-2-3-13-froyo-upgrade.html

P3Droid said:
STOP: IF YOU LOOSE ROOT YOU CAN USE THIS METHOD AS FOUND ON XDA. It takes only 3 - 5 minutes to root your phone. Root Instructions

Upvote 0

That's one of the risks associated with doing things like this. Thankfully we have the sbf file so that any major problem can be fixed.

Upvote 0
Im having the same problem!!! Wont allow me to restore/reboot, cant use rom manager, tried to reboot to old rom and it just does nothing......WTF?!?!?!

When i get to recovery screen i get this error... E:cant open /cache/recovery/command

I had these problem and I just uninstalled bootstrap, ROM manager and reinstalled them (make sure to rerun boot strap like the first time.) The D13 (other wise known as THE BOT) posted a link, for me, to a different GMail app that works fine. Maybe we can get him to post it again as I've seems ed to have lost it. Actually I think it's in this thread. So look for replies to me from him and you may get lucky :D I am currently running Flyx Final and the new Tranquility and it's working fine.

In regard to ROM manager and Droid x Boot strap,they've had this problems before when I install new ROM'S so it's not just with 2.3.13 that this happens with.

Upvote 0

This is always a given and if you read the tweets and the pages that they point you to you will find what you need to know.

Don't skim read;) Also if you read a little more you would have read you use the Droid2 root method to get root back if you lose it.

This is what the tweet looked like (Its the actual tweet from P3)
P3Droid
Okay, you will lose root, make sure you have pushed the rage in the cage info to your phone /data/local so you can reroot...

Is that crystal clear enough? ;)

P3Droid

visit my friends RootzWiki for droid X (2.2) rooting instructions Droid 2

They don't give you this info for fun.:rolleyes:

My update went super easy and I didn't lose root, however it was plainly stated you might and to use the Droid2 root method (see above)

I know it can get a little hard to find crystal clear instruction but if you read the links that are provided by the group releasing the ROM or update you will almost always find all you need.. (follow them not the forum)

Even if you find crystal clear docs there is no guarantee you or anyone will do it correctly and that is why you see all the disclaimers.

Good luck and stop getting pissed, It's not worth it.

Upvote 0
Anyone figure out how to get backup assistant to work with tranquility? If I would have known I would have synced all y contacts to google first... Now I am kind of screwed!

EDIT:So I think you can go onto the verizon wireless site, login and go to backup assistant then export them to a file, then just manually load it on.

EDIT: I lied, you have to go back to just normal nandroid 2.3.13 (Just using the advanced only system restore) then export all of your contacts then save to sd and import in tranquility. I think the main issue here is that the backup assistant from the market says it is for the ally, not android.. so I don't know what that is all about.

Upvote 0
This release breaks calendar event editing and adding of new events. To fix this, pull bluremailengine.apk from the deodexed system dump I posted, put it back in /system/app, and change permissions to 644.

Has anyone got this to work? And how do you set the permissions? Through root explorer? I put it in the folder and just used root explorer to select all of its permission stuff but it still isn't working

Upvote 0
This is always a given and if you read the tweets and the pages that they point you to you will find what you need to know.

Don't skim read;) Also if you read a little more you would have read you use the Droid2 root method to get root back if you lose it.

This is what the tweet looked like (Its the actual tweet from P3)
P3Droid
Okay, you will lose root, make sure you have pushed the rage in the cage info to your phone /data/local so you can reroot...

Is that crystal clear enough? ;)

P3Droid

visit my friends RootzWiki for droid X (2.2) rooting instructions Droid 2

They don't give you this info for fun.:rolleyes:

My update went super easy and I didn't lose root, however it was plainly stated you might and to use the Droid2 root method (see above)

I know it can get a little hard to find crystal clear instruction but if you read the links that are provided by the group releasing the ROM or update you will almost always find all you need.. (follow them not the forum)

Even if you find crystal clear docs there is no guarantee you or anyone will do it correctly and that is why you see all the disclaimers.

Good luck and stop getting pissed, It's not worth it.

First of all you can make it seem like I'm the idiot for not being able to read/ skim reading/ or whatever your may say, but in all reality I am not nearly alone with the issue of losing root through this upgrade. If you look in the original post, nowhere will you see the statement that lost root access is possible, and obviously it is. That's always assumed risk. There were just a lot of people that have had the issue, which is the whole reason we root our phones. Oh, and I'm sorry I don't follow every single android developer on twitter... my bad.

Upvote 0
First of all you can make it seem like I'm the idiot for not being able to read/ skim reading/ or whatever your may say, but in all reality I am not nearly alone with the issue of losing root through this upgrade. If you look in the original post, nowhere will you see the statement that lost root access is possible, and obviously it is. That's always assumed risk. There were just a lot of people that have had the issue, which is the whole reason we root our phones. Oh, and I'm sorry I don't follow every single android developer on twitter... my bad.

Well no but you were the one complaining about it not being crystal clear and it was IMO. Yes a lot of people lost root and they knew what to do when they did. Why ? because it was crystal clear to use the D2 root method to re-root.

And I don't follow all the devs on Twitter either. Just the ones involved with the DX it's like three. I've found that while these devs are good at hacking they aren't the best document writers so I follow them for the little tidbits they like to tweet. As you can see it was very useful as that is where you (will me) was told YOU COULD LOSE ROOT and what to do about it when you did. There is a lot of info out and some it is good and some is bad I like to follow the ones doing this so I get the info first hand before it gets all mangled by the masses

Maybe you should consider following some also so you don't get yourself all pissed off again. :rolleyes:

Later.

Reactions: charlesbeebe
Upvote 0
Need desperate help. Followed instructions for installing Tranquility thinking it was a new theme PLUS 2.2, now I'm stuck at the M and I tried wiping data/factory reset but get the same thing. I'm on 2.1 rooted and had bootstrapper and cyanogen backups loaded. I don't want to flash sbf if I don't need to. Anyone know how to get the phone back to the point where I can restore? I know I press certain buttons at startup, just don't know which and what sequence. Thanks in advance for any help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones