New Update Available?

Last Updated:

1. p3tr01d

p3tr01d Member This Topic's Starter

Firstly, just wanted to say everyone on this forum has been awesome! You all do great work and are extremely helpful!

Ok...from Velocity 0.2 with Clockworkmod and V9 SW version I flashed the stock V6 Rom, then flashed stock recovery. got ota updates to V8 and then ZVB without any errors. SW Version on phone read VS740ZVB. I then rerooted, applied Clockworkmod recovery and installed Velocity 0.2 and then the GNMTurbo4 kernel. SW Version on phone reads VS740ZVB. Then another OTA update showed up. It claimed to be 24.9MB just like the ZVB update. Of course it would not install because I was using custom recovery. My question is, what is this update? Is it the ZVB update coming through again? Did my ZVB update not apply correctly or is it not recognized by Verizon since I'm using custom recovery and rom? Is there a new update that I'm missing out on, and if so, what is it, and do I need to apply it? Lots of questions, I know. Just wondering what exactly is going on and do I need to do anything about it? Is there any way to pull info on this update from the downloaded file, and if so, where can I find the file and how do I get info from it? thanks

Advertisement
  2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

As far as i know there are no new updates rolling out since the ZVB update. If im correct if you want to look at the file there should be an zip file in the cache folder on your phone.

3. pworcester

pworcester Well-Known Member

when ever I changed the recovery image the VZB update tried to be applied. If your sw version says ZVB then it applied. Just accept the install and it will fail with a custom recovery flashed.

4. p3tr01d

how do I pull that file up to look at it? when I reboot into recovery an option is to apply update.zip but I don't know how to access that file from the pc. It is not on the SDcard but on the phone filesystem, right?

5. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

The easiest way would be to pull it off with adb i would imagine.
    Open a shell and do a ls /cache to find out if the file is there and what it is called
    then
    adb pull /cache/yourupdatefilehere localfile.whatever

6. p3tr01d

ok. tried that. permission denied. do i need to be logged in as root. i type su and nothing seems to happen. this is happening on the pc. on the phone in terminal emulator i type su and get #prompt. then ls /cache and get "recovery" and "lost+found" ls /cache/recovery and ls /cache/lost+found get nothing.

7. p3tr01d

also tried looking in astro. cache directory appears empty. probably hidden files. any way to unhide?

8. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

try root explorer

9. p3tr01d

I don't guess this a big enough deal to worry about that I fell like I need to purchase an app to figure out. Did d'l super manager, though, and it didn't show any files in the cache folder even with su permisssion. Oh, well, I guess I'll just fuhgedaboutit.

10. jetblack

jetblack Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't see anything in /cache with Root Explorer after blocking the update, either. Maybe it's somewhere else?

11. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

After the update gets blocked from trying to install the file gets deleted

12. jetblack

jetblack Well-Known Member

And that answers that. Thanks.