New Update Did Nothing?Support

Last Updated:

1. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This morning the update for V9 came to my phone while i was at school. So i hit the install later button. After i got home, i said ok let me install it. So i went ahead and hit the restart and intall button. And i saw the android thing and the yellow bar. I looked away for a second and then the phone restarted. So when its finished restarting nothing had changed. Except for the fact that my phone says that it is now up to date.

Advertisement
  2. GameMisconduct

GameMisconduct Active Member

I am looking over my Ally to see what this software update did. Only thing I have noticed is that my Google Maps previously did not have a street view button. Now it does. I don't know if that is related to the update or not. Just something I noticed.

3. Brandonson112

Like it even says V8 still. I think something happened when it was installing i guess. I know it was supposed to install some bloatware from Verizon but not even that came thru.

4. GameMisconduct

GameMisconduct Active Member

If you go to youtube, there is now a High Quality button to view the videos. So it just looks like there are minor software feature upgrades.

5. thelostsoul

thelostsoul Well-Known Member

You have to remember developers release updates primarily to fix bugs. This update was mostly a background bugfix update with a few minor added software features.

6. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Your update didn't install as it was supposed to. Hard reset and try again? or custom recovery and download the update zip

7. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

If you've done any kind of customizing (root-level) it could have failed to apply. Mine did, the first time, and I just removed some pre-installed apps.

Oh, and it's vB or v11. v9 was that leak from LG that they pulled and never released (buggy).

8. Brandonson112

I was rooted but i only removed some of the verizon apps and installed Titanium backup and shootme. How do i hard reset? (noob question, i know)

9. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

I got the notice about the update today and decided to go ahead and install it even though I wasn't sure I wanted to. It seems to have failed on me as well.....sort of but in a good way.

I didn't get any of the new bloatware, but I swear I got some of the performance benefits. The phone seems more responsive and my available memory under Running Services was at 95mb when the phone first restarted. That's typically in the low 80's to mid 70's when the phone first restarts. After testing a few apps to make sure they still work, i'm still at 87mb. I seem to be getting great memory management now.

Probably just my imagination, but if it did sort of fail and I get better performance without the goofy added apps, I'd be thrilled. Plus, since it thinks it updated, i'm no longer getting the annoying notice.

10. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Hard reset: power off then press and hold vol-down+home+end and let go at lg screen

11. Brandonson112

Ok i tried that restarted dled the update and it still didnt install

12. darkxsun

Again, if you removed stock apps it's probably failing to patch because it can't find them.

13. Brandonson112

so i need to reinstall them from my titanium backups and then hard reset the phone again?

14. darkxsun

You can try it.

If it still fails when you replace everything you can think of, your last option is flashing the rooted copy of the update rom or flashing to stock and letting it update then.