New update feedbackGeneral

Last Updated:

1. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Ally updated Thursday with no issues. I have observed a noticeable increase in responsiveness. Noticeable! No app issues. I did uninstall some new apps it placed on my phone like Skype.
    Battery life seems to be as good or better than prior to the update. I'm a light user. A couple of calls per day, some internet (Dolphin HD) and some texting. I recharge it every other day when battery level gets down to about 30%. I use ADW.Launcher, Juice Defender, no app killer, a couple of low overhead widgets, Chomps SMS, Pandora, and not much else other than a few shortcuts.

I do have a widget for airplane mode. I turn it on once a day then reboot and turn it back on.

Not much science here.

Advertisement
  2. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

yeah mine is running faster and getting better reception even after installing the rooted vzb image, then velocity 2, and finally the new v4 oc kernel. I can overclock to 740 with no problem and it runs faster than my girlfriends hacked droid... it is amazing... my phone isn't a piece anymore!! thank you to all the devs because without their hard work I would be stuck with another LG Dare Lol!:D

3. x-amp

x-amp Well-Known Member

anyone else notice that when you poweron when in vibration/silent mode there is no sound.

4. hblask

hblask New Member

I got my update. I do not notice any improvement in responsiveness or speed.

I do, however, notice a HUGE change in battery use. I used to charge it overnight, and by 8pm it was at about 20%. Now, with no changes in how I use it or what is running on the phone, I am at 66% battery left after 24 hours, so it looks like I will get at least two full days out of a single charge.

5. Halainn317

Halainn317 Well-Known Member

After I got the update my email starting acting up. I still recieve my emails but if I delete them they pop back up in my inbox 15 minutes later...any idea why?

6. hblask

hblask New Member

I see this if I delete a message without reading it, as I do with spam. It is then moved to the Trash folder but is still marked as unread. Then, the next time it checks, it sees it again. I don't see it if I open the mail then delete it.

I don't think it did this before.

7. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can you tell me the steps to overclock to 740. I know nothing about rooting and have never done it.

8. dots

dots Well-Known Member

If you do not know anything about rooting or overclocking with android just do some research. Some people do not have the need to root and/or overclock just depends on the person.

9. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

just get the oc kernel a program called setcpu and universal androot from the fourm and apply it with dresildee's recovery tool his dosen't mess up your recovery. there are instructions all over the root section.