New Update Is Crashing Google NavigatorSupport

Last Updated:

1. LHawes

LHawes Member This Topic's Starter

I don't keep up that much with the latest and greatest for my Ally but this morning I saw a system update notice and decided to go ahead and update. It seemed to go smooth enough but as the post title suggests my Google Navigation crashes back to the boot screen whenever I try and use the app.

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

SW Version VS7402VB
    Kernel 2.6.29
    Build # ERE27

Advertisement
  2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Contact LG is all i can think of if you are on a stock rom. Or try re downloading Google Maps from the market.

LHawes likes this.
  3. LHawes

Thanks for the reply Dots. Has anyone else had this problem?

4. LHawes

Took my phone into Verizon today and they are replacing the phone. It's been running very sluggish and very hot and the guy said the older phones just don't handle the newer updates. They had a newer phone on display and it behaved like an entirely different phone - snappy and much faster at everything.

I did get the phone when the Ally first came out so maybe they made some improvements? I dunno.

Hope that helps someone.

5. dots

dots Well-Known Member

I also got the Ally when it first came out (pre-ordered) and when i restored my stock rom to update it i hadn't experienced no problems with the update. But i only used it for like 15 minutes.