New update killed homeSupport

Last Updated:

1. ian2400

ian2400 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I just downloaded an update today, and after it finished all I have is a blank home screen. I can't drag the two arrow bars that would house my app shortcuts. If I hold down menu the left one opens but has nothing in it. If I hold back the right one opens and also has nothing in it. I can hit send to get to my recent calls and then can navigate to contacts and they are all there. I get message, call, and email notifications and can open and use them just fine, but if I didn't get a notification I could not get to my email.

Basically, the problem is I don't have ANY app shortcuts and can't drag out the app menus on the home page with my fingers. I was using dxTop before the update, and I can't figure out a solution. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

sounds like dxtop doesn't play nice with cupcake try booting into safe mode and removing dxtop...

3. ian2400

ian2400 New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so that worked and now I am working with the basic home page. If anyone figures out how to get dxtop working or can recommend a good free home replacement I'd appreciate it. I already paid money for one and I would like not to have to pay more.

4. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

I would see if there is a newer version out already or simply try writing the developer of dxtop and see if 1) he knows about that issue happening with other phones running cupcake and 2) if he has any fixes or suggestions... Most Dev's are pretty good about get back to users with questions like this...