• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Update = USB Problems?

So just got the newest OTA today. The USB settings menu has changed. Media player -> mass storage -> ask on connection. Previously I was hooking my phone up to my car via usb (Alpine) w/ the phone on Mass Storage. Now when I try any of the settings currently, my Alpine doesn't read the phone. Help? Any other ways to fix? Go back to old software?

Have you tried leaving it connected to your player for a minute, then trying it again? I discovered this when trying to connect my phone to my computer:

Plug in the phone, note the computer recognizes it as a CD-ROM drive; after 40 seconds it changes to removable disk, mount the disk from the phone's status bar, and then you can transfer files.

Have done this with two Fascinates on two Windows 7 computers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones