New update ?

Last Updated:

1. aardys

aardys Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi , im confused , i been watching rss feeds about how gingerbread might be comming out on the 6th , and lo and behold , today my phone has an update avalable , seems from the sarcasm i got on another thread about this ,its not gingerbread but some froyo update:confused:
    why ?
    if gingerbread is going to be relesed , why did they bother with this one in the mean time ..
    is this a sign that the htc desire wont get the new one

Advertisement
  2. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Sensible answer coming here ;)

This update isn't exactly new as I've been using the RUU version of it for about a month. Seems HTC have just released it OTA today (or late last night, can't remember). Most Desire variants have had a new update in the last week and from what I can gather it's just a few bug fixes, updated apps and a new radio version.

It could be in prep for g'bread BUT I think it's a huge coincidence.The Desire won't get it for a good couple of months after the Nexus One and that's if we get it at all (officially).

Once the N1 version/source code is out then there's no doubt there will be a ROM available for the Desire but we'll have to wait to see if HTC bring it officially to the Desire

aardys likes this.
  3. aardys

aardys Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ah , ok thanks
    i thought this new gingerbread was a sure bet but seems maybe not .
    i should stop reading techy rss feeds i guess lol:)

4. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

G/bread IS about to be released but it's for the Nexus One - us lowly Desire owners will have to wait a while longer...