• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kdraw44

Android Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2012
Macon, GA
Has anyone gotten a new update pushed to there device? I had a notification that there was an update for system software and I hit (update) and it booted to recovery and ran a few seconds and an error came up so I held power down and rebooted and everything is as it was. I think it failed because I'm rooted, I guess. But anyway, I went to the root cache and snatched the update zip it downloaded. It is 413 mb. I am not a dev but I am sure we could use this zip for something. If you are a Dev and you think you can do something with it PM me. If anyone else gets this update and it installs please post what it is.

I got the update today. I am not rooted. The phones overall preformance has been sluggish and laggy so far to say the least. Once the update installed and it "optimized" the apps on the phone things changed. The lag is nearly gone now. I bought this phone for the Mrs for her birthday this year and was quite unhappy until today. I want to root it soon, but when I got it I wasnt able to find any way to do it.

Upvote 0
could someone please supply me with the stock boot animation files?? i deleted all of the boot animation zips from my media folder to free up space and im thinking that may be why i cant update even after restoring all apps, unrooting and deleting cache and data..

look at my post above this one

Upvote 0
You have to wipe before you download the update cause it's placed in temp storage
No, I mean like I'm going to settings -> system updates -> Update Firmware
And I'm getting the message "No firmware update available"

Edit 1: Decided I don't have all that much important saved internally on phone. I rarely play games on my phone and all pics/videos are on SD card.
Gonna do a factory restore and then try to update from there.

Edit 2: Still says no firmware update available

Edit 3: After updating/redownloading everything the prompt came up to update. Currently trying to update.

Edit 4: Error!

Last edited:
Reactions: Corey Fields
Upvote 0
No, I mean like I'm going to settings -> system updates -> Update Firmware
And I'm getting the message "No firmware update available"

Edit 1: Decided I don't have all that much important saved internally on phone. I rarely play games on my phone and all pics/videos are on SD card.
Gonna do a factory restore and then try to update from there.

Edit 2: Still says no firmware update available

Edit 3: After updating/redownloading everything the prompt came up to update. Currently trying to update.

Edit 4: Error!

Go to LG software update not the firmware

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
Thanks kdraw44

So I have update.zip now and tried to install it from stock recovery however I'm getting the following error

"/system/bin/install-recovery.sh" has unexpected contests.
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 7)

Apparently this comes from rooting however I have both unrooted and even system restored my device. Anyone have any idea of any steps I can take to fix this?

Upvote 0
Thanks kdraw44

So I have update.zip now and tried to install it from stock recovery however I'm getting the following error

"/system/bin/install-recovery.sh" has unexpected contests.
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 7)

Apparently this comes from rooting however I have both unrooted and even system restored my device. Anyone have any idea of any steps I can take to fix this?

You didn't "debloat" did you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones