New Use for Kickstand

Last Updated:

1. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I seriously collect Music Videos, have been doing it for 13 years. Serious and focused collection, mostly Vocal Trance and other stuff. Is funny when I listen to Pandora using Fragma as my start song cause 70% of the songs played are in my collection. Normally, I pump them through a dedicated laptop to my 32 inch flatscreen.

Slowly, I have been converting them all, and moving to mine and my wife's phone. Finished today,

So sitting here at my ex-wife's shop where I still do all their tech support and computer backup work waiting for my last backup of the night. So watching music videos,

Now I have occasionally used kickstand, fun in cafe's and such. But normally, want the screen closer. If I hold it up maybe 6 inches from my face, it literally is just like me watching it on my 32 inch maybe 6 feet away,

So had kickstand open as I had been using it, but then picked up the phone. But kept kickstand open. My hand just then naturally incorporated the kickstand. Was between my forefinger and my third finger with almost all the weight resting through the kickstand on my three fingers.. My thumb and forefinger just stabilized the phone from the front .

But suddenly, I could hold the phone up right where I want without actually having to hold the phone. The Kickstand took all the weight and just rested on my fingers. Could sit and watch 20 minutes of videos holding it that way.

Thought I would share. :D

Advertisement
    nokaoi likes this.
  2. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

Hah, pretty cool....works better on the left hand ~!

3. Minjin

Minjin Well-Known Member

I don't understand anything you said in the OP but I just tried to hold the phone up to my ear with the kickstand out and between my fingers and it worked pretty well.

Oh, and even more off topic, anyone else disappointed that the kickstand doesn't work in portrait mode? I thought for sure from the pictures that it would. If it went out just a little bit more, it would.

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

it works portrait for me :D i have a seidio case, it doesn't stay if you touch it but it will balance if you want to play a video like that

5. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

I prefer kickstand out...landscape..."llook ma,no hands!!!

6. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

7. Rick Gregg

Rick Gregg Member

.a dramatic problem, I am looking for a new bicycle and would prefer the kickstand to be on the side i get off on (the right...I'm naturally inclined to use the front break

MySpace Layouts

8. gspam1

gspam1 Member

YOU'RE HOLDING IT WRONG!
    Steve Jobs