New User and how to setup your phone for pagesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. thefuzz4

thefuzz4 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone,

Long time blackberry user and I just traded in my tour yesterday for the Droid Eris. Let me just get this out of the way first and say WOW what an awesome phone this thing rocks the casba better than any blackberry I've ever owned.

Ok now that I've got that out of the way here is my deli-ma and if this has been posted and answered before please forgive me as I did conduct a search prior to this I just couldn't find a thread that related to my scenario.

Ok so I work for a huge IT company and when I was on the BB I had a rule setup with my BB desktop manager that any emails that came through with the word PAGEME in the body to forward that email to my phone as a level 1 message and cause my phone to explode in the process. (btw the PAGEME was added by our BES so that will no longer be an option for a filter) so what I was wondering is this, is there a way with this phone that I can setup a similar rule whether it is something that I have to configure on the phone itself or in say Outlook with a exchange rule. Whatever be the case I am open to anything all that matters is that we can make the phone do some god awful sound when a page comes in so that way I can at least assure that my phone will at least wake my wife up so she can kick me and wake me up :). The positive thing is that the page will only be sent to me so whatever rule we'll be creating will be specific to me being the only recipient. And yes the page does come through as a email. I can change the pager address to be mynumber@vtext.com thats not a problem but I'd rather leave it going to my regular email that way I get the full page instead of just the first 160 characters. Thank you all in advance for your help with this and I look forward to being on the android os for a long time to come.

Advertisement
  2. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

Yes.

You would need to set that up in your e-mail client. I assume that you are using an exchange server. If so than there really aren't any settings that you can set on the phone. I have an exchange set-up on my phone and I'll read and move messages around, then when I get to the office and login to my e-mail the messages that I've read and moved are still marked un-read, but still moved. So to answer your question, yes that is a rule you will need to create in Outlook.

Hope I helped.

3. thefuzz4

thefuzz4 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I think that I might have got it figured out I just set it up to shoot it as a text message to my vzw account and also forward it to all of my email accounts as well. Now I just need to find a nice sound to use for text message notifications. It's too bad you can't setup a sound for just one particular sender but oh well, this phone still rocks