New User and Member Assistance Required

Last Updated:

1. Calvo1

Calvo1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 9, 2010

First of all this is a great forum, congratulations on your work here. It has been very useful for me...

I have some specific questions, I have tried to read every single thread I can and considering I have only had the HTC Hero for 2 days I feel Im pretty clued up.

My first concern if anybody would like to advise internal memory. I have had the phone 2 days and only have 81 mb of internal memory left. I have just ordered a class 4 8G SD Card with adaptor, plus a USB reader for it....Now my question are:

1. when these items arrive should I partition the card? if so which method is the safest and "least" technical to ad apps2sd.....

2. With the supposed arrival of 2.1 (Im currently running cupcake 1.5), is it worth adding a new ROM to my Phone? I am not suffering any lag as yet so is it worth it?

3. How much data usage does streaming radio on Radio Time use up listening to it for an hour or so? (that one is just a shot in the dark if anybody has any ideas!

4, What benefits does Dolphin provide over the standard browser?

5. Are the any apps that improve the Camcorder cos boy does that thing suck?

I have just moved over from a Symbian Sony Ericcson and I am astonished with the Hero. I may be a little behind the times but its a solid user friendly awesome phone. I hope 2.1 lives up to its expectations (and provides Flash 10 :)

Anyway hope to hear from somebody soon.

2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009