1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

New User and Ready to Quit! Help with apps

Last Updated:

1. m1nttu

m1nttu Member This Topic's Starter

I can't figure out how to download apps. I want to download this one app from free4android that allows me to assign different ringtones for different users, and dont know how! I cant acces the market either, it just says your phone may not be provisioned for data something something. Why is this so hard :( I just want to have different ringtones for friends :( I have the lg gt540 Please help!

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you do not have a data plan, you phone will not connect to the 3G network. Try connecting to the market using an active wiFi connection.

BTW, you do not need an app to assign custom ringtones. Open contacts, touch the contact you want to assign the ringtone to, then press the menu button>options and select the ringtone for this contact.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

What phone do you have... which carrier are you using?

The more info we have, the easier it is to assist you. :)

4. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

As previously stated you need a data plan or to access it through a wifi network. Also i recommend using zedge for managing ringtones, I use the zedge app and it's amazing for my ringtones and wallpapers.

5. m1nttu

My phone is lg gt540 I dont know what you mean by carrier?, and I think the data thing should be ok, but i'll try wifi. Someone said that I should be able to assign the ringtones, but there is no option for that when I go to the contacts. Also the option to add a picture to a contact is "grey" so I cant choose that :( sorry about my english, Its not my native language!

6. lunatic59

A carrier is the phone company like Verizon or O2 or whoever is providing your mobile service.

If you click on contacts (you can get there by either opening the dialer and selecting the contacts tab at the top or going into the app tray and clicking contacts) you will see a list of all your contacts. Choose the one you want to modify and you will see the first screen below. Then touch the menu button on the phone (I'm guessing it's the button on the left above the telephone handset symbol) and you should get the options shown.

[​IMG]

Click on options to assign the ringtone.

Click on edit contact and then the blank gray square to assign a picture.

m1nttu likes this.
  7. m1nttu

Thank you so much for the instructions and photos, lunatic59. Unfortunately, when I go to the contact, the one that Im supposed to press says Import/export, not what that picture has. And when I try to press on the place to change the picture, it does not let me do anything :(

8. lunatic59

If it says import/export, you haven't gone far enough.

[​IMG]

The list on the left is the screen you are on. You must select one but not touching the picture, that calls up different options. Touch the name of the contact and then try the menu button as previously described.

9. m1nttu

Thank you again for helping. I was where the picture is on the right, but it did not have the "options" choice, it had import/export in its place. I pressed that, and did the whole importing exporting business, it created that contact again, like if I first had one mr. smith contact I now had two, and on the new one I was able to choose that "options" and set ringtone!! So yay, it worked and I can now assign the ringtone I want to a person! :) thank you for helping me!