• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New User Few Questions for the Huawei Ascend

I am Fairly new to this I Rooted My phone Recently and was wanting to know what I can do to get my Phone to Run Faster and the Battery to Stay Charged Longer. I was Also Wanting to know if Anyone could tell me the Best Apps to Download for it to chang the Looks of the Theme. Sorry for the Questions Just wanting alittle inside help on this.

::soils himself in fear of upsetting droid-demi-gods::

I'm far from a god, but I speak for a few of the other Ascend users here who spent some time going through here to help people, getting distracted by duplicates can sometimes be frustrating especially when we just get done answering pretty much an identical question. There are a few pages of threads here in the Huawei Ascend section, and most questions have already been asked and answerted. Mostly on page 1 and 2. You will quickly find your answers with little to almost no effort.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I think this....
The answers to most of your questions can be found HERE.

was a bit better and nicer than this...
I really hate to be this way, but it seems a lot of new people are coming here and making threads with question that have been answered many of times already....duplicate threads drive us crazy...please read the other threads before making new ones as you will find your answers without having to make a new thread

just saying....

We all are here to learn and to help and if you would have pushed him in the right direction it would have helped...

its like kids...

you teach them how to walk you don't tell them "well i've done this before and i've shown other kids to do this so figure it out yourself"

bad analogy? maybe. but still

sorry if I come across as a d-bag im not trying to be

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I would have to agree with you there, QWEST. In several years of participating in and running online communities myself, I've seen MANY people who don't read, but just ask questions, and you either let it roll off your back or you get frustrated. Life's too short to get agitated every time a new person asks an old question, and I'm telling you this as a person who has a short temper and the curse of being a perfectionist.

It honestly takes less time to link someone to a post that answers their questions than to type the fact that someone is the 1,000th person to ask the same question that day, as frustrating as it may be. Besides, that's what we had IRC or staff forum sections for, so we could complain in private, rather than risk making ourselves look like jerks.

Trust me, I know so many of you have answered many of the same questions over and over, but when you get that 1 person out of 10 who becomes a helpful and contributing member, it makes all your effort worthwhile.

Reactions: QWEST and KOLIO
Upvote 0
You mean like change the connotation? I agree but sometimes it is too late to do that.

Very true. I try not to post before I reread what I've typed, but that doesn't always happen. Case in point, I ripped a new hole for a moderator on a forum last night because his statements made his site look like it was condoning stupidity by its users, directly violating a longstanding unspoken rule of the general community. He decided to start flaming me with personal attacks and in the end, the thread got deleted, and we had a nice little argument with him and the 2 site SysOps.

I gotta tell ya, I was about 2 seconds away from dropping a z-line on him from the IRC server before it was all said and done, for publicly disrespecting me and my staff on the IRC server. Every now and then I do get that bug up my ass (my wife would say there's ALWAYS a bug up my ass), but I try not to overreact to trolls.

There is a benefit to having their site's IRC on my server though, and being good friends with the site owner. Gives me a little more leeway than the average member would have, LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones