• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New user here - some questions

Well me embrace of android continues today :)

I have placed all my friends in the phonebook as friends. I often have to txt all of them of plans or something and its convenient to be able to do it in one go. The problem is if I choose to txt a group and click select all It will tell me that the max amount of selected people is 10. Is there any way of getting passed that? or are my only options getting rid of some friends ? :)

Also does anyone have any idea of the data usage per day if I keep the 3g going all the time (I have the weather widget and gmail)

There are several apps in the market that permit sending SMS messages to groups. You'll need to try them out to see which suits your needs best.

Group SMS messaging apps

Your data usage will not only be determined by the widgets you use but by how frequently you sync and what type of messages you send and receive. There is not "average" or "normal" data use statistic.

Upvote 0
Well me embrace of android continues today :)

I have placed all my friends in the phonebook as friends. I often have to txt all of them of plans or something and its convenient to be able to do it in one go. The problem is if I choose to txt a group and click select all It will tell me that the max amount of selected people is 10. Is there any way of getting passed that? or are my only options getting rid of some friends ? :)

Also does anyone have any idea of the data usage per day if I keep the 3g going all the time (I have the weather widget and gmail)

Use a data monitoring app to check your data usage. I use 3G watchdog pro, but there are others with its own pros and cons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones