New User - Optimum Settings

Last Updated:

1. pvcprinting

pvcprinting Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks,

Had my Legend 1 week now and as its my 1st touchscreen am very pleased with it
    As a new user and new to android phones there appears to be alot in the all programs menu

Is there an optimal settings for the phone to get the best out of it.....I suppose I am asking is it standard to delete stuff immediatly and install other things

i have read something about an app that monitors your data useage? what is it and is it something that should be installed

What other things would members suggest to install

thus far have installed

Text to speech from this forum...many thanks
    speech to text from this forum...awesome this is
    barcode scanner

thanks. appreciate it is alot of questions but hopefully somebody will show me the way to get the best out of my legend

Advertisement
  2. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

3. Bootsock

Bootsock Well-Known Member

+1 for 3G watchdog, great little app for data usage.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

4. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

@pvcprinting NetCounter is good, but ensure you reset it to start from 0 once you've installed it. I can't think of any optimum settings.. but one thing I did do was decrease screen brightness, and ensure wi-fi is switched off (unless you want to use it) - battery consumption tactics. Also, maybe get a screen protector - I think this is always a good idea for touchscreens.

5. Bootsock

Bootsock Well-Known Member

I also find that the 'power control' and 'settings > mobile internet' widgets being on the front screen are particularly helpful as they let you easily toggle things on and off when you want them.

Other fun things include free satellite navigation software, have you found that yet? Just update Google maps via the market app (go to downloads) and you'll notice a new navigation icon appears in the applications list which saves the need for a separate device.

Layar is quite an interesting little app to play with, as are some of the bar code scanners which let you find best prices for goods easily especially if you are out and about.

If you are in the UK, beeb player is well worth downloading as it means you've always got a portable tv handy too!

I'd also say that tapatalk is quite handy for forums. :)

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk