New user problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Straiffi

Straiffi New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I've been using my Desire for three days now, and been quite happy with it.
    Except for the fact that I can barely get three hours of battery life out of it, with "normal" use. (A couple of text messages/MSN conversations, quick web browsing every now and then).

I've tried everything, turning syncs to 6 hours intervals, switching off 3g and wifi, reducing screen brightness etc. But the battery still loses about 1% per 1 minute.

This can't be normal, right? Is this something that will improve over time? Could I have a faulty battery that needs replacing?

I don't have unrealistic expectations for the battery life, just lasting for a full working day is enough for me, and I assume that should be possible.

Advertisement
  2. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Hi mate

Have a search around in the desire forums on here. There are loads of posts on it.

3. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Battery life will improve after a week or so but that does sound a bit over the top, download Spare Parts and see what's eating your battery.

Also, what trick202 said, there's loads of great battery saving tips on here.

4. Straiffi

Thanks for the replies; I actually searched the forums and read several topics on battery life, but every single user seemed to have better battery life than me and I figured this is some kind of special case.

5. gooner

gooner Active Member

someone here has sugested a great battery kit, PC cradle with a charger. you can use it if you have spare bettery. It costs around

6. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

That's crazy. I got mine three days ago. Charged it last night and have been playing with it constantly since 7am (downloading etc) all today and got about 40% left (so nearly 10 hours of serious use).

7. Straiffi

My friend borrowed me his spare battery and its performing way better. I could probably squeeze 10 hours of use with this. Still not optimal but decent enough. So it looks like my own battery is defective and needs to be replaced. :(

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

If its seriously only 3 hours then there is a problem, take it back.