New User - Should I update to 2.1

Last Updated:

1. Blitzpwnage

Blitzpwnage Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Considering all the problems that I have read I dont even know if I want a hero anymore :mad:. I am supposed to go to the Sprint store today but now idk honestly. I was excited to update to 2.1 but now it just sounds like crap. Please try and convince me otherwise lol

Advertisement
  2. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

just root it and use fresh 2.1.2.

3. Blitzpwnage

Blitzpwnage Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any guide to that, I know google, but I have done hacking with the PSP is this kinda the same concept or easier?

4. nboley2

nboley2 Member

5. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

Yea root it if you want 2.1

Otherwise you will likely have a few of the issues a lot of us have.

6. Tinwoodsman

Tinwoodsman Active Member

Unless you are a glutton for punishment, don't do it.

7. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Tough call. Some like it, others don't. I'm pretty happy with the update. Of course, I'm not having most of the problems with it some here are reporting. My only issues seem to be - Making phone calls does lag more than before, but not to the extent some are seeing. I've not found answering them any worse than before (so, not great still). Typing in landscape is definitely slower, but not a huge deal for me as I rarely do it. On the plus side, the phone is much faster and smoother overall. The new market is a plus for sure.

Read up around here and decide if you think it might be worth it to you.
    It just amazes me how different users experiences differ with this phone.

8. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

I would say do it, although for most people, seems like they were out of luck with their phone I guess. I like my phone a lot better now, to the point that some times I over use it. I even stopped using my computer (kind of) to play with my phone, whether I'm on the internet, or playing a game, or watching YouTube, facebooking, etc, even though the experience is not the same as when you're on an actual computer. Now my only complain is that the back button (the one below red/hang up button) is not clicking anymore. It seems like a mechanical failure, so sometimes I can't even feel when I push it and that kinda got me frustrated at the beginning. I guess that's the button I use the most out the other external ones and I've had my phone for like 3 months. I'd go to a Sprint store so they can take a look at it and maybe fix it, but the nearest store with tech support is like 3 hrs away from where I live, so I'm just dealing with it and I'm actually getting used to it. But other than that, my phone seems to work fine.