• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New User - Should I update to 2.1

Blitzpwnage

Jun 3, 2010
Considering all the problems that I have read I dont even know if I want a hero anymore :mad:. I am supposed to go to the Sprint store today but now idk honestly. I was excited to update to 2.1 but now it just sounds like crap. Please try and convince me otherwise lol

forum_new.gif
clear.gif
All Things Root (Sprint Hero)

There's a really good guide stickied there.

Upvote 0
Tough call. Some like it, others don't. I'm pretty happy with the update. Of course, I'm not having most of the problems with it some here are reporting. My only issues seem to be - Making phone calls does lag more than before, but not to the extent some are seeing. I've not found answering them any worse than before (so, not great still). Typing in landscape is definitely slower, but not a huge deal for me as I rarely do it. On the plus side, the phone is much faster and smoother overall. The new market is a plus for sure.

Read up around here and decide if you think it might be worth it to you.
It just amazes me how different users experiences differ with this phone.

Upvote 0
I would say do it, although for most people, seems like they were out of luck with their phone I guess. I like my phone a lot better now, to the point that some times I over use it. I even stopped using my computer (kind of) to play with my phone, whether I'm on the internet, or playing a game, or watching YouTube, facebooking, etc, even though the experience is not the same as when you're on an actual computer. Now my only complain is that the back button (the one below red/hang up button) is not clicking anymore. It seems like a mechanical failure, so sometimes I can't even feel when I push it and that kinda got me frustrated at the beginning. I guess that's the button I use the most out the other external ones and I've had my phone for like 3 months. I'd go to a Sprint store so they can take a look at it and maybe fix it, but the nearest store with tech support is like 3 hrs away from where I live, so I'm just dealing with it and I'm actually getting used to it. But other than that, my phone seems to work fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones