• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new user to Andriod

im a new user and have just made the switch over from iPhone's. wondering if i can plug my samsung galaxy s4 USB charging cable into my old iPhone wall chargers without damaging my new S4?
any help here would be greatly appreciated

For the most part, they are interchangeable. But the surest way is to read the output figures on the charger and compare it with the charger that came with the S4.

Upvote 0
Voltage is all that matters. Too high can damage the phone. The mAh rating doesn't matter. Higher will charge faster, but you can never have too high of a amperage rating. Think of it like this.... If you plug a light in to a 15 amp circuit at your house, would it be brighter if you plugged in to a 20 amp circuit?? No.... Electronic devices will only draw up to a set amperage. Voltage, however, is a different story. Try plugging a 120v light in to a 240v circuit and you'll see what I'm talking about....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones