New User...Trouble with Email Setup w/ Pair NetworksSupport

Last Updated:

1. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello...Droid X noobie but not new to Android. I've had a Droid for a year (almost) and my work phone just got upgraded form a bb to an X.

I'm having trouble with the stock email program being able to send email fro my personal account. I use pair networks for my email hosting. I am able to set up the account to work fine on K9 mail, but not the stock email program.

My corporate exchange email doesn't like K9 mail for some reason, so I don't want to use that for personal email if I have to. I notice on K9 mail, there's an option to check to not login for outgoing mail, but on the stock email program, it always asks for username and pw in the outgoing settings. I have tried leaving them blank, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Found out the answer through Pair.

Apparently their SMTP server will not work if the phone or email client tries to send user / login info during an outgoing push. K9 allows you to uncheck this option. The stock email program on the DX and D2 does not. Leaving them blank will not work.

Unfortunately, that means I'll have to use two different email clients...3 if I want to use Gmail too.

Boooo