New users look of the erisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 18, 2009
    I figured I'd post up a first impressions since I've now had my Eris for 4 days.

First, I got the phone at best buy free with new contract, I was glad to sign after dealing with att and the iphone.. I had both the 3g and the 3gs, let me tell you, I don't miss it at all.

Once I got done doing all the paperwork at best buy, I went off my merry way, happy to finally get android and more importantly the Verizon network that comes with it. The phone came with about 10% battery life on it and I wanted to condition it, so I started using it when I stopped for lunch. Loaded up pandora and started streaming right away on the way home. even with 10% i was impressed with how long it lasted.

I let the battery die, then I charged it fully before turning it back on. That was hard. I wanted to tinker with it, I know I could have probably used it while it was charging but I wanted to just let it do its thing the first time.

Once it got charged up, I downloaded and installed handcent sms, google voice, atk and dolphin browser.. I gotta tell you, the google intergration is amazing. I was using google voice for texting on my iphone and on the eris it just fits like a glove.. I would drop my texting on my plan but I figured I may as well have it if im going to use it to its capapbilty, but at least this way I can filter who gets my verizon number (till I port my att one)

I haven't had any issues with lag that some people talk about, so I don't get what the gripe is there.

Sense UI is impressive, although it seems to have trouble finding me when im at home, I get locations all over the map but only rarely does it actually find my home city.

Youtube also works great for me, but I dont use youtube on my phone much so its not that big of a deal.

I considered the motorola verison but after having the Eris for a few days, I'm very glad I didn't.

So far, so good!

Droid Does!!