New Verizon and Microsoft Deal?

Last Updated:

1. SoCalMiles

SoCalMiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

My take: Droids are for Google, and VZW has the other platforms to try to keep other partners happy.

eta: not sure why they even care about Microsoft anyway... WinMo is dead to me.

3. SoCalMiles

SoCalMiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No doubt. But removing Google from Blackberries and only allowing Bing, not on Winmo devices.

4. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

right... but I can't even start to guess why they would limit search on BB to Bing, without some bigger scope, relative to WinMo is what I'm thinking. Or just $$$, and they're being compensated in some way by MS, to save or get more $.

5. TXLady

TXLady Well-Known Member

Just checked both my work Tour and my Mom's Tour and both still have Google set as the default search for the browser. (Both are on Verizon.) The new Bing Icon is on my work BB but not Mom's.

6. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

I haven't used Blackberry phones, so I don't know if there was previously an easy way to switch back and forth between search engines like Bing and Google or if there's even a way to do it now that VZW shoved Bing down their throats. So if you can easily switch back to Google, I guess this is okay. If not, it's a disgusting move. Microsoft reeks of desperation lately.