New Verizon HTC w/ 4.3, FF Cam, Kickstand, 8mp..Dammit

Last Updated:

1. sox08

sox08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

Eh its htc. I don't even care about specs. motorola > htc . But it does look like the android stable is getting another smash hit. Which is never a bad thing.

3. kdkinc

kdkinc Well-Known Member

As soon as you sign the contract.....
    Another seeming better phones shows up on the doorstep. That is why I believe that spending about $80.00 more for the one year contract is really worth it.
    I like my DX but as of march 2011 its off to the dustbin for the DX.
    Trying to stay on top is a gerbil in a cage scenario.
    Owning a cell phone was a luxury, then a must have, now a expensive hobby that I've got to have....maybe an addiction.

NightAngel79 and deadinside like this.
  4. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

It absolutely has become an addiction for me...
    I have paid full retail for my last two phones the INC and the X.
    And the second this sexy beast drops, I will be first in line.
    What is my problem ?

5. impliedconsent

impliedconsent Member

Luckily, I don't own an alien or rotten fruit (wife does); however, I believe the 2 groups have something in common.

Is there a methadone clinic for this?

6. The Faceless Rebel

The Faceless Rebel Well-Known Member

I've pretty much stopped caring about HTC when they stopped caring about battery life.

7. drybin

drybin Well-Known Member

+1 same here. when i saw that dx beat out all other phones in the battery tests, i was sold

8. Thong

Thong Active Member

Motorola has a history of great battery management. Remember they were the pioneers of the "flex" technology for pagers that let a pager run on a single AA for almost 3-5x longer than the competition.

sjack_ca likes this.
  9. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

getting a phone with bad battery life is like getting a car with bad gas millage, they usually make better toys.

10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I never knew that....

If they use a newer version of the Snapdragon, the battery life should be better than whats out now from HTC.

If its the current Snapdragon....wtf HTC?!?!

I like 4"+ screens now. The thickness....I dont know if I will like it. But, there are happy EVO owners who dont mind the thickness.

Front camera, speaker should be very nice, looks like I see noise cancellation....this should be a very nice phone.

11. en WyCe

en WyCe Well-Known Member

Same here. Old Eris barely made it through a single day without even heavy use. Not a problem with the X.

12. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I don't see the problem, there will be new phones coming out every few months. If it's going to bug you every time a new phone comes out be prepared for a lot of disappointment. Frankly I am glad they are pumping out so many phones, as a consumer it gives me more choices.

dbgoolsby and jroc like this.
  13. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

all i can say is this is why i got a 1 year contract with my droid x. cant wait to see whats out next august.

14. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Exactly, cuz everyone's contract doesnt end at the same time; everyone doesnt have a smartphone right now, some ppl can actually afford to get phone's at retail....

Those of us that just got a phone this month, last month cant be upset about newer phones coming out later.

Although it would been nice if it was on the radar a lil more. Maybe it was. Like I learned back in April about the X, it just had a different name.

After reading up on that, I just didnt focus on or research anything else. Folks, howardforums is a good spot for very early info about phones. I wouldnt be suprised if there is a rumor thread there about this phone.....

15. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

I'm really not all that impressed with those pictures. It looks HUGE. At least the DX is pocketable because they stretched it out and made it thinner.

16. xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc Well-Known Member

:D

and this is why i only upgraded 1 line :D

17. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

There's always going to be something better. Me? I am very, very happy with my rooted dx. I can wait.

18. tcallahan

tcallahan Well-Known Member

could not have said it better. Got my X the day it came out and I have a upgrade coming this May for whatever beast phone is coming out next summer!

19. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Ill wait for the Droid X2...it will probably have all that this HTC has, but being a Motorola, itll be way better IMO

20. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

The decider for me will be whether it might be a 3.0. I've been overall happy with my Droid and Droid X, but I'm pretty unhappy with the update release schedules. I know that all their phones haven't been updated quickly, but they seem to have a stable skin in Sense, whereas Motorola can't seem to get their act together with their Motoblur, non-Motoblur, Ninjablur skin. I love my Droid X, but I hate seeing all those processes constantly running in the background because of the crapware and skin.

21. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

It's a very nice looking phone! Hopefully VZW sells a lot of them. That said... I'm quite happy with my DX and I see no reason to change.

22. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

That phone looks very nice.

But, I wish phone manufacturers and the carriers would just concentrate on getting a few phones 100% "right" before just pumping out the next one and the next one and the...

We're left with dozens of choices with minor differences between each one split between carriers... all with unique bugs and problems that can never be addressed the way they should since Google/the carriers/the manufacturers only have so many resources to spread around.

Sure they'll piss off some customers - but many will just switch to the next phone thinking the grass is greener. Case in point the people in this thread bashing HTC. Also, with so many choices, there's less people to complain about each problem. 10% of my customers have one certain phone and 25% of those have a problem. Not many people, esp if among those 25% theres several different issues.

I don't think I'm expressing this very well so I'll stop...

23. ngsm13

ngsm13 Well-Known Member

Meh, still happy with my X... and I came from a Nexus One...

nG

24. azgunz

azgunz Well-Known Member

I was thinking of getting the droid x soon but I found these pictures too
    If it comes out in September I'll wait but november idk...

25. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

This phone looks really sexy. Enough to make me regret my X? Hell no! I love my X. If its a choice between having my X now or waiting the extra two months for this to drop, I'll take the X. Besides if this phone really drops in september, then it surely won't be LTE and that would make it just as obsolete as the X when that becomes the new hottness.