1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

New Verizon update with root?

1. gtort

gtort New Member

Hi, so I woke up this morning to a little reminder that I had a software update available. My phone is rooted and I tried to unroot it with SuperRoot and then do the install and it's not working. I tried to install it once but with the custom rom on here it won't do it. How can I flash it back to completely stock and unroot it so I can install the new update from Verizon?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

You might want to check the version of the new update to make sure it's not one of the ones with a locked bootloader and Knox security before you install it.
    gtort likes this.
  3. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Gtort, listen to lotus. What firmware are u currently on? It may be the me7 update, which u might not want.
    Im on Verizon and am unaware of any updates recently.
    Which actually raises a question, will S4's bought from now on already have the me7 firmware? I guess that depends on how long the phone has been sitting in stock tho... Hmm
  4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I've heard they are already shipping with me7, so unless you buy one from a store that had some in stock the chances of getting the older firmware are decreasing every day.
  5. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

I bought 2 VZ GS4s over labor day weekend... (Sams $100 sale), Both already had the update. exchanged them both within 3 days (issues with both a white and black S4) the new white one had the update but the black did not. However it forced the update before it would let me activate the phone.