New version of Google Maps and Street View

Last Updated:

1. Shane112358

Shane112358 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Per the title, there are new versions of Maps and Street View in the market. The Maps update is just to add walking directions I think, and the street view was a more polished update.

Street view doesn't work after install, at least on my Epic.

I open maps, pick a road and long-click on it. A balloon pops up saying "Loading address" for about 30 seconds then give me a pop-up error that says "Data Connection Lost, Retrying" But, data is working just fine on the phone everywhere else.

edit: Try rebooting the phone after install, it helped. Still some errors but much better than before. It is awesome when it works. Try compass mode.

Advertisement
    gme109 likes this.
  2. pakiplayer421

pakiplayer421 Active Member

just installed it, seems to work. btw i got the newest version from market.

3. nickw511

nickw511 Active Member

My "old" version of Street View works fine, compass mode included, and I don't want to mess it up.....has anyone else updated and seen trouble? Or seen significant improvements? Thanks.

4. Tyrahn

Tyrahn Well-Known Member

Are you using the separate Street View app or just Google Maps? Street View from within Google Maps is working just fine for me.

Maps update made some GUI improvements making search, layers, and places easier to access ...

Clark

5. Shane112358

Shane112358 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Accessing from google maps....back to not working again. Loading loading loading then fail...

6. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Wow, this is very cool! Thanks, I wasn't aware of this feature. Compass mode is a trip.