New Version Of KiesSupport

Last Updated:

1. stylelite

stylelite Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    There is a new version of kies available 1.5.3.10093.31.
    I couldn't get it from the update within kies, so quite by accident I clicked on samsung widgets and it said I needed the latest version of kies, click ok to download. Am downloading right now and it's taking ages so haven't had a chance to see if its any better but will post back when I have had a chance to see.

It has just finished installing and as soon as kies started it came up with a fatal error and closed down, so I think that just about says it all.
    Will report back later when I have had some time to try and sort it out.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

installed it yesterday now when you got to update the phone it asks you to save your contcts before you update firmware

goyal.sanchit likes this.
  3. blonkster

blonkster Well-Known Member

Where did you get this from? The uk site still has an older version.

4. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

When i started kies it came up with update available

5. Cyb3r5c4r

Cyb3r5c4r Well-Known Member

theres a back-up option that wasnt there before! possible required as part of the froyo role out.

6. stylelite

Did you guys have any problems with this new version? because when I now start kies it comes up with the following:
    Fatal Error
    Provide Value on System. windows. 'staticResource Exension' threw an exception
    I did google it last night and it looks as though it has something to do with microsoft.Net Framework but I could be wrong

I'm trying to find more info on this but if you have any ideas please let me know

7. stylelite

Yes the uk sight only shows the older version.
    I tried checking through the update within kies and it just said it was checking for an update, after an hour I gave up.
    While I was messing around in kies I clicked on samsung apps and it said I needed the latest version to use this feature, update now, click ok and it started the update process.

8. JKase

JKase Member

Still hopin to get my Galaxy S to co-operate with Kies I tried clicking on Samsung Apps and indeed it says I need a newer version and carries on with the update. But it doesn't download anything. I can repeat this process over and over and it doesn't do anything.

Damn Kies. Even all the drivers install alright, but still I only get the "Please wait, connectin device"-dialog.

9. andyf941

andyf941 Member

I 'checked for updates' using Kies this morning and it did indeed find a new version (v1.5.3). I got to about 30% of the way through the download then I got an error telling me I was no longer connected to the internet (I was, I checked several web-sites).

Eventually I gave up, uninstalled Kies, did a fresh install and checked for updates again....this time it told me I was up to date:confused: (v1.5.1)

Frustration is a polite word....

BTW, I can't use Launcher pro to connect the phone to Kies, I have to revert back to TW, otherwise I get the continual 'connecting please wait'

10. JKase

JKase Member

Yeah, it keeps telling me that I'm either up to date (1.5.1 here too) or just keeps looking for updates. I just wonder how this piece of crap passed quality assurance.

11. android2.0

android2.0 Member

ya new version is there but couldnot see any update infact there is a downgrade samsung apps are not opening they are closing to an error and froyo not in sight ohhh how i loved this device ONCE

12. stylelite

Spent all day trying to get version 1.5.2.10093.31 to work with no luck at all, in the end I uninstalled it and removed samsung kies from the registry, and rebooted PC.
    Next I downloaded version 1.5.3.10092.21, found this on XDA developers forum, and installed it, as soon as it was installed it said there was newer version 1.5.3.10093.31 available so clicked OK to download and install.
    This time it seems to have installed ok, checked firmware update and it says my phone already has the latest firmware version installed, so fingers crossed all will be ok.

13. Stevarneo

Stevarneo Member

Tried to update with kies yesterday it did indeed keep saying you are not connected to the internet for me also after a bit of searching i found 1.5.2.10093.31 uninstalled kies and installed that one,like its been said it does now offer to back up data before phone firmware update check and the other noticable thing is that now on the main page there is facebook flickr, you tube intergration

14. andyf941

andyf941 Member

Just fired up v1.5.1 again (see post#9)and it straight away told me there was a new version. Upgraded to v1.5.3 with no problems. 1.5.1 already had the youtube and flickr links on the main page, 1.5.3 add's a 'to web setting' icon. There may be other changes...

15. kindofblue

kindofblue Member

Hi all,
    Are there any alternatives to Kies for downloading my mp3s to the galaxy S? This Kies software isn't ready for prime time! Thanks in advance for suggestions.

16. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

Just copy them like you would copy to a pen drive! IT works well.

Open your galaxy S in "My computer" create a new folder and copy songs, video etc anything you want directly!

17. MAKFOTO

MAKFOTO Active Member

I'm in the middle of downloading another Kies version. The latest? This time it's 1.5.3.10093.80

18. kindofblue

kindofblue Member

Thanks, I'd thought about that but wondered whether one might lose the meta-data on the files (i.e., artist, album, etc...). I was just down at the AT&T store and the helpful chap who sold me the phone last week said the same thing and that one doesn't lose meta-data on the files.

I also told him I was having troubles with the micro SD connection coming loose easily. He noted that the slider cover has to be all the way open to make a secure connection. Mine wasn't. There's a little indent when you slide it open and one needs to make sure it's open past that indent. Then it seemed to connect securely.

19. Cyb3r5c4r

yet another new version of kies 1.5.3.10093.80 i wornder will this one make our lifes any easier? no probably not

20. android2.0

android2.0 Member

well for me this new version is a fix for the previous release which just corrected some bugs with kies samsung app store but for that downloading 50 to 60 mb data every other day is frustrating no software update for sgs still waiting impatiently with patience for froyo

21. stylelite

Kies has just informed me of the update, downloading now.

22. blonkster

Installing update for 3rd time! It downloads then hangs at 50% unpacking - quality stuff from Samsung!

23. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Well-Known Member

The Newest version for U.S. galaxys is on the samsung support site
    Samsung
    put in your info, download is at the bottom of the page.

24. blonkster

Any idea which model number to enter for UK gt-i9000?

25. Cyb3r5c4r

stalls for me too

50% extracted