New version of Swype constantly opens a tip windowSupport

Last Updated:

1. mattwill

mattwill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since I installed the new version of Swype (i have an official version), I constantly get a pop up tips screen. It tells me how the word I just typed was replaced by an earlier word I just types, and tells me how to delete it. It comes up constantly! From swipe settings, I

Advertisement
  2. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

Same issues here (official Beta). But, when swype won't swype... I just switch input method to stock then back to swype and it fixes it. I hope they resolve this and add a mic button.

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

If you go to the Swype forum (I too didn't know another forum besides androidfurums existed), they know about the issue and say it is just with the Incredible.

As for the tip window, goto settings>Language & Keyboard> Touch Input settings. Check or uncheck options in the Text input menu.

4. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

Haven't had the stop issue (yet) and every time the tooltip comes up it's pretty much for a legitimate misspelling I didn't catch earlier.

5. unlazyfree

unlazyfree Active Member

I've noticed the same thing! the tip window is by far the most annoying thing ive encountered with swype

no, it has nothing to do with the touch input settings, it's with swype. I also have the tip window setting in swypes settings unchecked and get it constantly

6. mattwill

Yes, when swype wont swype, its annoying but fixable. This darn tip screen doesnt seem to be though.

7. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

One thing though is that swype is still officially in Beta. There will be issues and annoyances.

8. deepfriedbutter

deepfriedbutter Active Member

Same problems here.

I think I have one to add: Swype is not allowing me to remove words from the dictionary. I went to Touch Input for a couple of days too :eek: but now I'm back.

9. mattwill

I took this question to Swype forums but never had to ask it....apparently everyone is having this issue and the new version has killed it. Many have bailed on it, including myself - it was really that bad. Read the thread on the swype forums. Shame.

This may be, but the thing is that the previous "beta" was nearly flawless. The update has caused the swype speed to be eliminated by creating pop ups constantly and adding misspelled words all the time.

10. 1shooky

1shooky New Member

Its not only on the Incredible, My HTC Evo 4G is doing the same thing. Its very annoying. I hope its fixed soon.

11. deepfriedbutter

deepfriedbutter Active Member

Any updates?

12. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

yeah same problem here. it's truly annoying. i almost want to switch. but then i tried other swype like programs and i just didn't like it as much. i do hope they fix this issue on next release.