New & very confused

Last Updated:

1. cjl44dev

cjl44dev New Member This Topic's Starter

I am hoping to get a new android phone tomorrow but I am very confused about the apps etc. How do I go about downloading them? Are they free? If they cost does it get charged to your phone bill? I know nothing at all about these so can you please refrain from using big words :)

Advertisement
  2. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

download apps from the phone by opening the market app or by using your computer and going to sites like AppBrain, (you can also access AppBrain from your phone if you download the app for it). Some apps cost money others don't. You need to set up a Google checkout account to pay for apps.

AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market

cjl44dev likes this.
  3. cjl44dev

cjl44dev New Member This Topic's Starter

I will have a look at this once I get my phone. Hopefully it will not be too hard to work out

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It's not hard to work out. Most apps are free. Here's a list of my favorite apps, if you want to pick through them!

Steven58's Apps on the phone

5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

There are a number of different ways to download apps, as has been mentioned, AppBrain is popular. I still use mostly the Market though. Many are free, though there are often apps that cost money, or a free version of an app, and then a paid for version with more features.

These can be paid for using your google email address, that is linked to your google profile, that will require your credit card/debit card.

Note: any app that you pay for can be returned within 24 hours for a full refund.