New Vibrant...Acted A Little Funky With AppSupport

Last Updated:

1. DavDroid

DavDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

New member here and just purchased a Vibrant about 2 weeks ago. Well, today it did something it has never done before. I was using the Mint.com app and I dropped my phone from my hand onto my desk (I believe less than a foot) and when I picked it up it was fine...but with me being the clutz that I am I did it again and this time the screen was black. I pressed the back button, search...and the phone didn't vibrate like it normally does.

The home button worked fine and took me back to the main screen on the phone, but when I went to the app again the same thing happened. Now, the app seems to be working fine. Does this sound like an issue with the phone or with the app? I just want to make sure it isn't defective before I surpass the warranty period. I bought this phone at Wal-Mart and don't know if they do warranty exchanges.

Thank you!!!!

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Did you reboot the phone? That's the first thing I would do.

3. DavDroid

I didn't reboot it since the app started working like it should in a few minutes. How do you reboot? Is that just powering off the phone and removing the battery? Do you think this should be taken in on my warranty? Or should I just see if what happened was an isolated incident?

Thank you!!

4. w_bovine

Hold the power button down until it reboots. Or power it down and turn it back on. Either is fine.

It could just be an isolated incident. Keep an eye on it after rebooting. A drop from the short a distance really shouldn't hurt the phone.

5. DavDroid

Thank you for the help!!

I do have one more question though. I connected the phone to my computer to transfer some nintendo roms for an emulator I have and when I ejected the phone fine, but when I went to eject the SD card it said "Safe To Remove Hardware", but the drive letter still shows on the PC. Does this sound like a computer issue? I clicked on the drive letter and it won't open it, so it seems that it has been unmounted from the computer, but why does it still show? It went away as soon as I pulled the cord from the phone.

Thanks again!!!

6. w_bovine

If you're not writing to the SD card it's okay to go ahead and remove the phone from the computer. I've never used "Safe to Remove Hardware" for my phone. Never even thought about it for that matter.

7. DavDroid

Any idea what might have caused the drive letter to show on the computer even after I "ejected" the sd card?

Thank you!!!

8. w_bovine

I don't think it's anything to worry about really. You are aware that two SD cards show up when you mount the phone?

DavDroid likes this.
  9. DavDroid

Yeah, one ejected fine, but the other one which is the 2 gb. one the phone came with never did. The drive letter was still visibile after ejecting, but I couldn't open it anymore because it said that drive was not connected.

Thank you!!

10. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and the Vibrant community DavDroid!

FYI: Around here it's customery to use the [​IMG] button when someone like w_bovine offers assistance or you just like a post you happen to find.

11. w_bovine

Don't listen to him! Did you look at his picture?! Scary!

DavDroid likes this.
  12. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Yup, real scary!
    [​IMG]

w_bovine likes this.
  13. DavDroid

Just used it right now.

Thanks!!!