new 'vip' feature in ios 6. does android have this too?

1. Stuart P

Stuart P Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

3. Stuart P

vip = select any number of contacts that have email addresses and add them to your vip list. open the mail client and there is a list of your email accounts and a vip label. go into the vip label and any emails on the vip list are there.
  4. Ritsuke

Ritsuke Member

Correct. So basically when you'd add AndroidForums to your VIP list you would get the following:

• Lockscreen would show a * next to the mails received from AndroidForums
    • Notificationcenter would show a * next to the mails received from AndroidForums
    • When viewing your normal standalone or combined inbox every mail would have a * next to it (note: =/= flag)
    • You can view your VIP inbox showing only mails from people added to your VIP list

So yes, basically it does what priority inbox does but enhances it a little more towards the lockscreen/notificationcenter.

As an answer to the OP: Yes, Android has such a function called Priority Inbox in GMail.
    KENNECTED likes this.
  5. Stuart P

so the android version only works within gmail? and what if the email address i have is non gmail can i still use priority inbox?
  6. akamad

akamad Well-Known Member

The main difference I see is that VIP is more manual. So you manually add people to the VIP listing. In GMail, your contacts are added automatically based on a number of factors (including, I suspect, if you read the emails sent from them or just delete it, if you reply to them, etc).
  7. Stuart P

thanks. aslong as it is possible in a similar form that is good enough for me :)
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

This is like a copy of the Priority inbox in Gmail right? Basically setting all emails from a certain person to a certain label? Isn't this like have been a standard feature on email for years already? Or isthere a difference I don't see?
  9. Stuart P

ok so i've just got my nexus and am not quite sure how i setup/add a particular email address to 'priority inbox'.

thanks for any help
  10. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

Gmail Priority Inbox - YouTube

On a desktop,(log into your google account or ) Gmail, then do the following
    1. Click the settings button
    2. click the settings button
    3. Click INBOX
    4. Click what type of inbox actions you want.
    Stuart P likes this.
  11. Ritsuke

Ritsuke Member

No, it isn't. It's something alike but it's no copy. The VIP feature in Android uses all manual input as where the Priority Inbox automates the system.