new voice commands rarely work...

Last Updated:

1. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been trying to get the new voice commands to work and I'm having very little success. "SEND TEXT TO" very rarely picks the correct people although it seems to work a bit better if I do a full name "RICHMOND, TREVOR" vs. "SEND TEXT TO TREVOR RICHMOND". Half the time this command will attempt to send a text message to everyone in my address book with the last name of "RICHMOND" which is pretty useless. I watched the instruction video the other day and learned of the "SET ALARM" command which seemed cool until I tried it only to learn that the alarm clock doesn't support it yet...what exactly is this voice feature good for? Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

yeah, I get mixed results. sometimes it is perfect and right on. sometimes so off especially on finding people I said to send a text to.

set alarm is a greta idea, but half baked as they need a special clock/alarm to accept it and it is not ready for prime time yet.

all in all I dig it and use it often, but hey.. voice control given noise, ambient sounds, speech, etc.

3. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

It works a lot better for me personally.

4. case1212

case1212 Active Member

I use Choice Dialer Plus from the market and it works much better than the native app. Costs four bucks but there is a lite version for free.

5. DLM

DLM Well-Known Member

how do you initiate voice commands?

6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

you can looong press the magnify icon to initiate Voice Actions

and, in most apps when you use the keyboard there is a microphone in lower right hit that and speak words. I dictate texts all the time.

BTW, all voice work is data signal dependent. it needs to go to the web and ping the server and translate and come back and fill it in

DLM likes this.
  7. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

Vlingo is the best voice action app I know of. You should really try it out.

8. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Haha yea, I said "call Chadd Lewis" and it said "calling Barnes & Knobles". Pshh

9. Lucidot

Lucidot Well-Known Member