• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new voice commands rarely work...

JoeHockey

Jul 31, 2008
So I've been trying to get the new voice commands to work and I'm having very little success. "SEND TEXT TO" very rarely picks the correct people although it seems to work a bit better if I do a full name "RICHMOND, TREVOR" vs. "SEND TEXT TO TREVOR RICHMOND". Half the time this command will attempt to send a text message to everyone in my address book with the last name of "RICHMOND" which is pretty useless. I watched the instruction video the other day and learned of the "SET ALARM" command which seemed cool until I tried it only to learn that the alarm clock doesn't support it yet...what exactly is this voice feature good for? Anyone have any suggestions?

yeah, I get mixed results. sometimes it is perfect and right on. sometimes so off especially on finding people I said to send a text to.

set alarm is a greta idea, but half baked as they need a special clock/alarm to accept it and it is not ready for prime time yet.

all in all I dig it and use it often, but hey.. voice control given noise, ambient sounds, speech, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones