• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new voice features + chrome to phone

jsandor91

Apr 13, 2010
has anyone taken advantage of the new features recently released for our n1's ?? voice actions is great it seems more accurate now you can control nearly all aspects of the phone through voice. although cant figure out how my bt headset can be used for the commands. and official chrome to phone is bug free and QUICK :D

Has anyone tried searching for the music with the new search feature?

Every time I do it goes to the Pandora app, I'm wondering if it'll ever default to my music app. I just want to listen to my own songs without having to type anything. ;)

(Yes, go ahead, call me lazy).

Upvote 0
@techdaring: The new Voice Search allows for more robust searching, including composing text messages and navigating to websites. It's part of the update to the Voice Search app in the App Market.

@Aquaitious: According to the Google Mobile help page, the default Android music player isn't associated/compatible with the 'listen to' command. The list of compatible apps is: Pandora, Last.fm, mSpot, Spotify, and Rdio. 'Listen to' Voice Action : Voice Search - Google Mobile Help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones