New voicemail issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So every time someone calls me when it gets to the point where they should be able to leave a voicemail, it asks them to enter a subscriber number. I know that at that point they need to enter my phone number to leave a VM, but is there anyway to change that so they dont need to enter my number again? Sprint support cant figure it out either...thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

I had the same problem! I made the mistake of getting this app on my phone. It was called phone fusion. It was for visual voicemail. Well, even though I deleted the app from my phone, my voicemails were getting forwarded to an online account, but because I set it up wrong, the voicemails were not even going to the online account. Callers were getting the same message. So, I called Sprint from another phone and they were able to reset the voicemail back that came with the phone. They can do it, they just have to do it and then you must power off your phone and turn it back on. They had some trouble with mine at first until the Sprint person figured out that after they reset the phone back to the original voicemail that came with the phone, you have to power off and back on. They had to reset mine twice before it worked. So, call back and tell them to try again and be sure to power off after they reset it. It might work!

3. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

By the way, if you were thinking of restoring your phone, this will not bring the old voicemail back. I restored mine, and my callers were still getting the same message about entering a subscriber number...