• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New weird message when get voicemail

AMZ

Lurker
Mar 5, 2010
Sprint Hero on 1.5. A few days ago, I started getting, with each voicemail, a weird message popping up telling me to call some number to get the voicemail. In fact, I still get the regular voicemail on the phone so I don't need or want these messages. Any idea what is causing them and how to stop them?

Apologies if this has been posted before; a search on "voicemail" turned up many pages of posts and I didn't have a good sense of how to narrow it.

Thank you.

I don't call to get voicemail. I assume then it's VVM (it's a tape player-looking thing that lets me play, replay, etc.)

My mobile internet is always on. I would doubt that this is due to mobile internet being used at the moment of a call, because I didn't get these messages until a week ago, after 5 months of using the phone. Does this answer your question sufficiently?

Upvote 0
It looks fine. It now appears that I didn't get those messages from the default SMS program but only from SMS Popup. When I disabled that, I didn't get them. So I don't get them from Handcent, even without doing any blocking. I don't get how that works, but in any event, it seems your advice solved my problem. Now if we can just get Sprint to educate their tech people on the issue.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones