New Wi-Fi Tether For Root works on the Lucid!

1. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. quannumkid

quannumkid Member

I'm curious to know what kind of speeds you're getting on whatever device you have tethered to the Lucid. I'm still debating what my handset upgrade should be, but am also considering purchasing a wi-fi tablet which I would certainly want to tether to whatever LTE phone I buy.
  3. blumeany

Depends on where I am. I've gotten anything from 6 to 13Mb. Lately the 4G has been a little unreliable I've noticed. Shows bars and 4G symbol, but just sits there at times. It isn't consistent. I'm in Chicago.
  4. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member

has anyone else who is rooted had success with this tether app? I've had no luck, my computer recognizes the network it creates but never successfully connects
  5. williegeorge

williegeorge Active Member

+1 Success with wifi tether on root lucid

Shows up as ad-hoc, but works!
  6. cpupeli1

hmmmm damn...it shows up as ad-hoc for me as well but it never successfully connects, any ideas anyone? Thanks ahead!
  7. blumeany

Two notes:

1. I was able to unroot my phone, install the OTA, re-root and can confirm that the OTA does not conflict with the ability to use wireless tether.

2. Mine runs in ADhoc as well, but I get internet access.

One thing to check on is if you have any programs that control Wifi or data (I have JuiceDefender, which turns Wifi/Data off to save battery power), you'll be able to connect to the Lucid, but you won't get any internet access. Try disabling those programs and then launch Wifi tether and try it out.
  8. cpupeli1

I checked for programs and I don't have any such as Juice Defender. Shabby suggested foxfi and that worked successfully for me so who knows. Thanks for the response though.
  9. platinumthomas

platinumthomas Active Member

Hey, I'm a little late to the game, but my fianc
  10. LickeyMong

LickeyMong Well-Known Member

I use foxfi it works fine I'm not rooted
  11. noseph

noseph Well-Known Member Contributor

Same here. My wife got a Lucid 2 months ago, moving from a Pre+, and needed to continue to tether her TouchPad to her phone. FoxFi will has worked superbly on her non-rooted Lucid.
  12. LickeyMong

LickeyMong Well-Known Member

I use it with my wii,dsi,and iPod touch
  13. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

My TP doesn't see my Lucid.I'm on CM9 classicnerd.I've also tried other rooted wifi tether apps ans it didn't see it either.All my other electronic devices see it fine.Any suggestions would be helpful,thanks.
  14. noseph

Did you try Wifi Analyzer on your TouchPad, as I suggested in the thread you started? What were the results?
  15. mrryanthai

Sometimes it would see it,but it didn't wanna connect.
  16. noseph

What channel did the Lucid show up on and was it congested?
  17. mrryanthai

Congested?1 and 6
  18. mrryanthai

Says adhoc isn't supported by Android?
  19. noseph

As far as I know FoxFi is not doing an adhoc network.
  20. mrryanthai

Oops,I meant to say Wireless Tether for rooted
  21. noseph

Probably my bad, this thread is for Wireless Tether for Root and not tether in general.
  22. gringo466

gringo466 New Member

i have lg lucid running ICS 4.0.4 i have created a how to to get yours running wifi tether in infrastructure mode check it out over at my site

sorry cant post links :( link will be in next post