New with an MMS question.

Last Updated:

1. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to Sprint and coming over from an Iphone, I decided on the HTC Hero. It is a great phone. I have no true complaints.

I am not sure if this has been discussed or not, but I am having trouble sending MMS messages. I tried sending a pic to a friend through Handcent and it never would go through. I then downloaded Chomp and could not figure out how to send a pic. I guess I am basically wondering if this is a setting issue or if I need another app to send picture messages?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

I was having trouble downloading a pic that was sent to me. I couldnt figure it out. I then tried one thing and it seemed to work. What I am getting at is this, are you currently on wifi? If so try to turn that off and try it then. That seemed to work for me. If that doesnt help IDK

3. droid51378

I was using wi-fi. I just tried it without wi-fi and have the same results.

4. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't know. sorry that didnt work out for you. Maybe someone selse will pop in here and give you a better alternative.

5. drawing infinity

drawing infinity Member

mms works fine for me through handcent. chomp sms doesn't support mms yet.

6. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

I know in Handcent there is a setting under Menu>Settings>Scroll to Send sms Settings and then check to ensure that "Auto Convert to mms" is checked. I beleiveit is by default, so unless you unchecked it, I'm not sure.

7. droid51378

I am using Handcent, but when I try to send an MMS, it just attempts to send it(green loading ring), then give me a red exclamation after 10-15 minutes. Any suggestions? Settings?