• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Xoom Issue?

XoomON

Mar 26, 2011
So far I have had only one issue. Mine doesn't always come back out of sleep and I need to reboot it. I just sat it down on my desk here at work and it just went to sleep like it should. All of a sudden it rebooted itself. I don't have any funky apps loaded...

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Yes, it just reboots itself when sleeping or doesn't come back on from sleeping so I have to reboot it. I'm not sure and saw someone with the same issue over on XDA:

[Q] Is your Xoom plagued by random reboots? - xda-developers

I just did a factory reset and will see if it keeps doing it or not.

I think I figured it out. It was all fine until I reinstalled TouchDown back on it. I love that app for Exchange mail, so I emailed their support team.

Upvote 0
So I mentioned in another posting that my Xoom (WiFi) was randomly rebooting and not waking from sleep. Well today it did it again only this time it completely died. I returned it to the store and they just handed me a new one. They said that 3 of the 10 that they recently sold came back with similar issues. My guess is that there was a batch of memory or some other piece of hardware that was bad right from the factory. I just hope this new one doesn't do the same thing or I will return it for good. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones