• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW yOUTUBE APP ANNOUNCED, question?

Damn, I thought you guys were just over reacting when I stumbled on this thread. Then I searched for the new app and installed it on my Droid.

Then my mind was blown.

This has to be the most polished app I've seen on Android so far. I didn't know my Droid was capable of playing HQ vids in portrait mode while scrolling/swiping through all the related vids and comments. Going from portrait to landscape and back doesn't stutter the playback AT ALL. Even moving the progress slider to different time points in the vid yielded instant playback at that point, just as fast as my desktop. It even seemed to fix the Youtube widget that NEVER showed/updated the featured vids and would become unresponsive when I tried to open Youtube through the widget.

Excellent work Google. Now run the Navigation app through the same ringer. I want new voices and traffic updates NAO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones