• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Youtube app

Status
Not open for further replies.

demlv

Oct 20, 2010
I tried to update the Incredible's stock youtube app with the version released in the Market today. The new version worked fine and I really like it. But upon closing the app, it auto-uninstalled, saying that I could continue to use the stock version.

I thought that I would simply remove the stock app and then install the market version, but the uninstall button is greyed out. What's the solution? Titanium freeze the stock version and then install the new one? :thinking:

Probably being a bit cautious here, but I want to do this right the first time.

Thanks,

demlv

Got it working fine now. Perhaps I was just a bit too early. I have no idea which (either the Market listing or the the Youtube app) but something definitely changed between yesterday and today.

When I first tried to update, the Youtube app did not even show as being installed -- just "Free". But after seeing your response, ryanmc, I looked it up in the Market again. This time when I searched for it, the Youtube app showed with an "Update" available (though surprisingly, it did not appear in the "Downloads" tab at all). At any rate, it installed right over the top of the existing Youtube app and this time it held. Now the Market shows that I can uninstall the update, but not the whole app.

demlv

Upvote 0
Got it working fine now. Perhaps I was just a bit too early. I have no idea which (either the Market listing or the the Youtube app) but something definitely changed between yesterday and today.

When I first tried to update, the Youtube app did not even show as being installed -- just "Free". But after seeing your response, ryanmc, I looked it up in the Market again. This time when I searched for it, the Youtube app showed with an "Update" available (though surprisingly, it did not appear in the "Downloads" tab at all). At any rate, it installed right over the top of the existing Youtube app and this time it held. Now the Market shows that I can uninstall the update, but not the whole app.

demlv

Any free app that is downloaded will not show up in your downloads. Only purchased software will show up in downloads in the Market.

Upvote 0

demlv
The reason you do not have the option to unintall the whole app is because you can't (normally) uninstall a stock app.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones