• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW!!!! ZTE Warp sequent for $200

Wow talk about BS. I've had my warp for about 3 months now and when I got it all the stores claimed the warp just came out in December 2011. Found out quickly that wasn't true but I wish I had waited if the new warp is going to be $200 because the warp is still $180 here.

The warp is only 130 on the boost website... all of the local boost stores will change their prices eventually

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
Rumor is the Sequent will have a better processor. Most people look at the specs and assume 1.4 is better then the 1.0 for example. Thats not the case. I read an article that says the Sequent may have an Intel processor. My biggest issue with the Warp has been the processor. I believe thats why many have complained of force closes and gaming not working. Thats why I have been a firm believer in dual core processors like the Samsung Galaxy SII. When you have multiple things running in the background your phone freezes or restarts just like a computer. I have seen it myself on my theChive application. Anyway, if this is true it will be the first phone in the USA with a Intel processor. I think ZTE saw their mistake and is working the problem. ZTE Warp Sequent (Grand X IN) coming to Boost Mobile on September 17th?

Upvote 0
Having a 1.4 single isn't better then a 1 dual core as dual can handle tasks better :) it also depends on which type of processor it is

i agree with this and also you can Overclock the dual core to 1.4 so basically a single core processor wouldnt stand a chance even if you OC'd the single core to a higher speed.

Upvote 0
By the one pic i showed in the other thread " thinking about getting the new zte warp" it had the Intel logo on it.. it also i believe shows two speakers.

If I read this right and since ZTE Warp is getting a 1.4 Processor with Intel, it might be faster than a phone with a core duo.... http://www.pcworld.com/article/257307/dual_core_processors_wasted_on_android_intel_claims.html

By that article it says even with duo processors it still won't be as great as an Intel...

Upvote 0
Has anyone here gotten the S2 yet? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger and just getting one...I haunt had too many problems with my warp besides the random crashes and reboots (not rooted)...Should I get the S2 or wait and see how good the new warp is?

I'd wait for the new warp unless money isn't an issue, yes the sII is better than the sequent, but Imo its not twice as good but it IS twice the price (almost )

Upvote 0
Has anyone here gotten the S2 yet? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger and just getting one...I haunt had too many problems with my warp besides the random crashes and reboots (not rooted)...Should I get the S2 or wait and see how good the new warp is?

Do you have 4G in your area? If so, then I would go for the S2.

Pretty sure Warp Sequent is only 3G, because if it was 4G then Boost would advertise it as such.

http://www.hyperlinkusa.com/ClientDocuments/Times_Sept12_Eng.pdf

Upvote 0
Did they advertise the htc as 4g way before it was announced?

Yes,

And I wouldn't wait for the new warp. I mean its still a warp and and isn't that much of an upgrade to waste money on. I personally am getting the s2 . I think it's well worth the money. Soon as I get paid im going to replace this buggy crap of a phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones