NEW!!!! ZTE Warp sequent for $200Tips

Last Updated:

1. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

How did it auto correct to an a? Lol that's what I call irony

2. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

Wow talk about BS. I've had my warp for about 3 months now and when I got it all the stores claimed the warp just came out in December 2011. Found out quickly that wasn't true but I wish I had waited if the new warp is going to be $200 because the warp is still $180 here.
  3. xBabyfaceKingx

xBabyfaceKingx Well-Known Member

Well it came out in November so close enough
  4. Tigatron

They putting phones out too fast.
  5. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

The warp is only 130 on the boost website... all of the local boost stores will change their prices eventually

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  6. Tigatron

When I bought mine I checked boost site said $170
  7. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

Only $99.99 at Radio Shack and $129.99 at Boost but soon to go down to $89.99. Its very outdated now.
  8. Tigatron

Wow I love technology some times. The warp is still $160 at the cheapest here. Just checked today. They don't have any new phones yet either.
  9. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

If I'm correct...the new one lacks nfc.
  10. nefcpainter119

nefcpainter119 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the noob question but what is nfc?
  11. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

Near field communication, example if you go to the supemarket and your at the cash resgister just swipe your phone acrross the tegister and it will automatically pay your bill. Stuff like that.
  12. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

I love it...all my credit cards,i pay, by tapping phone on reader...also have my own NFC tags i haven't programmed yet...can automate things with them.
  13. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Does the galaxy s2 have nfc?
  14. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

The tmo and att does will the boost version? Idk
  15. marca

marca Well-Known Member

I love my warp and never had most of the problems of other users, but I'm with him, S2 all the way. warp would have to do back flips to see me again.
  16. austin316

austin316 Well-Known Member

Rumor is the Sequent will have a better processor. Most people look at the specs and assume 1.4 is better then the 1.0 for example. Thats not the case. I read an article that says the Sequent may have an Intel processor. My biggest issue with the Warp has been the processor. I believe thats why many have complained of force closes and gaming not working. Thats why I have been a firm believer in dual core processors like the Samsung Galaxy SII. When you have multiple things running in the background your phone freezes or restarts just like a computer. I have seen it myself on my theChive application. Anyway, if this is true it will be the first phone in the USA with a Intel processor. I think ZTE saw their mistake and is working the problem. ZTE Warp Sequent (Grand X IN) coming to Boost Mobile on September 17th?
  17. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Having a 1.4 single isn't better then a 1 dual core as dual can handle tasks better :) it also depends on which type of processor it is
  18. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

i agree with this and also you can Overclock the dual core to 1.4 so basically a single core processor wouldnt stand a chance even if you OC'd the single core to a higher speed.
  19. GamingForever

GamingForever Well-Known Member

By the one pic i showed in the other thread " thinking about getting the new zte warp" it had the Intel logo on it.. it also i believe shows two speakers.

If I read this right and since ZTE Warp is getting a 1.4 Processor with Intel, it might be faster than a phone with a core duo....

By that article it says even with duo processors it still won't be as great as an Intel...
  20. cnymoeman

cnymoeman Well-Known Member

Has anyone here gotten the S2 yet? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger and just getting one...I haunt had too many problems with my warp besides the random crashes and reboots (not rooted)...Should I get the S2 or wait and see how good the new warp is?
  21. nefcpainter119

nefcpainter119 Well-Known Member

I'd wait for the new warp unless money isn't an issue, yes the sII is better than the sequent, but Imo its not twice as good but it IS twice the price (almost )
  22. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Do you have 4G in your area? If so, then I would go for the S2.

Pretty sure Warp Sequent is only 3G, because if it was 4G then Boost would advertise it as such.
  23. GamingForever

GamingForever Well-Known Member

Did they advertise the htc as 4g way before it was announced?
  24. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

And I wouldn't wait for the new warp. I mean its still a warp and and isn't that much of an upgrade to waste money on. I personally am getting the s2 . I think it's well worth the money. Soon as I get paid im going to replace this buggy crap of a phone
  25. cnymoeman

cnymoeman Well-Known Member

I don't have 4g yet but Syracuse just got it hopefully utica is next...But I think I'm gonna just go with the S2 Samsung puts out far superior equipment... 370$ IS alot of change for a phone though