• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW!!!! ZTE Warp sequent for $200

Has anyone here gotten the S2 yet? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger and just getting one...I haunt had too many problems with my warp besides the random crashes and reboots (not rooted)...Should I get the S2 or wait and see how good the new warp is?

I have it, picked it up yesterday. I had bought the Hydro (my Warp died bout a month ago) as a hold me over phone, since the S2 wasn't out at the time. I love the thing. I'm sure everyone here already knows the specs so I won't go into that, but I'd definitely go with S2 over any ZTE product, just my opinion though...

Reactions: albanymike
Upvote 0
I'm hoping it comes with 4g, I heard back then there was a rumor for this to get 4G.... I'm not sure if I want it or not if it doesn't have 4G...

Gotta think that if the Sequent has 4G then all the info posted on the net would say it...so I would be surprised if it does.

I live in Albany and there no 4 g so why would one buy one?

Same here...holding on to my old Warp for that reason. But I would go for the S2 over Sequent.

Upvote 0
I live in Albany and there no 4 g so why would one buy one?

Is that your only focal point of a "cell phone" these days? Just askin. The phone is superb. Yes it's pretty much a grown-ups toy. I have NO, I repeat NO 4G coverage where I live but my 3G is great; 9/10, I'm on wifi though.

Anyway, this phone is... somethin else to say the least (I can only imagine how beast mode the S3 is). ALL hd games, playable, on high (no Tegra lookin stuff) but damn. Oh, it won't reboot/freeze on you once, I promise :)

Upvote 0
All I'm wondering is if this phone will be better than the htc evo. The htc is good but i really dont want to lose the. 3 screen display... Im hoping this new phone does have hd recording and better specs than the htc... Im wondeimg why its cheaper than the htc so basically there must have somethimg its lacking.

A name, designers, software, testers, etc. Any HTC device will be better than any ZTE product, there's no doubt. Even if the specs sound similar or more enticing, it's low-end, plain and simple.

Upvote 0
A name, designers, software, testers, etc. Any HTC device will be better than any ZTE product, there's no doubt. Even if the specs sound similar or more enticing, it's low-end, plain and simple.

Yes, if you want a pia to root phone go HTC, if you want a cheap phone that we in all things root have started to make better, stick around. There are flaws yes, but this new incarnation of the warp is an attempt to fix those flaws. To consider the HTC ultimately better, is to not see potential in zte.
Think about it like this, GM is a huge manufacturer that every loves or hates but, has some what trust in, along comes this crappy little car manufacturer Hyundai, instantly getting the stigma of just being garbage, fast forward ten years and look at what they make now. Considering time tables, and the fact the automotive design would take longer that cell phone, you would see a similar situation brewing here. ZTE made a phone that wasn't perfect, FOR $200. Now they are trying to step it up a notch, yes at this point, maybe they can't compete with HTC or Samsung. But they are getting closer. I wouldn't discount them on one bad experience. Just my two cents ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, if you want a pia to root phone go HTC, if you want a cheap phone that we in all things root have started to make better, stick around. There are flaws yes, but this new incarnation of the warp is an attempt to fix those flaws. To consider the HTC ultimately better, is to not see potential in zte.
Think about it like this, GM is a huge manufacturer that every loves or hates but, has some what trust in, along comes this crappy little car manufacturer Hyundai, instantly getting the stigma of just being garbage, fast forward ten years and look at what they make now. Considering time tables, and the fact the automotive design would take longer that cell phone, you would see a similar situation brewing here. ZTE made a phone that wasn't perfect, FOR $200. Now they are trying to step it up a notch, yes at this point, maybe they can't compete with HTC or Samsung. But they are getting closer. I wouldn't discount them on one bad experience. Just my two cents ;)

Your two cents are duly noted. But in all actuality ZTE is still garbage. I tried my damnedest to look beyond this manufacturers flaws, but the goods in their products are too far between any of the well known manufacturers.

I mean it can't be that hard to make a FUNCTIONAL PHONE. No matter the analogies you come up with, ZTE will always be at the bottom of the totem pole. Yeah the Warp was $200, but you always get what you pay for....

Upvote 0
Is that your only focal point of a "cell phone" these days? Just askin. The phone is superb. Yes it's pretty much a grown-ups toy. I have NO, I repeat NO 4G coverage where I live but my 3G is great; 9/10, I'm on wifi though.

Anyway, this phone is... somethin else to say the least (I can only imagine how beast mode the S3 is). ALL hd games, playable, on high (no Tegra lookin stuff) but damn. Oh, it won't reboot/freeze on you once, I promise :)

Boost loves customers like you. Thats how they make money. They love it when someone will pay them $370 for an obsolete phone they have sitting on their shelf for a year.

Seriously, just go with a contract carrier and get an S3. You'd pay about the same money in the next 24 months. And then you can upgrade for a minimal amount. Lol, unless you want to use a 3 year old SII in 2014. Don't be a sucker.

Upvote 0

Basically you made the point. To say HTC is always better then ZTE is foolish. HTC may be better now, but ZTE from what I have read has learned from negative feedback. Thats why they are possibly introducing the 1st USA Intel processor 1.4 in a smartphone. Thats been the biggest problem with the current ZTE Warp is the processor and why many have complained of force closes and gaming not working. ZTE may be working the problem and this new Warp may become a bargain of 3G phones if they get the processor right. Based on Boosts 4G coverage atleast 75% of us and maybe up to 90% of us do not even get 4G. If you get 4G where you live I understand the SII, if you don't you should wait a few weeks and see if the Warp Sequent reviews well and possibly buy it until 4G is available in your area.

Upvote 0
Boost loves customers like you. Thats how they make money. They love it when someone will pay them $370 for an obsolete phone they have sitting on their shelf for a year.

Seriously, just go with a contract carrier and get an S3. You'd pay about the same money in the next 24 months. And then you can upgrade for a minimal amount. Don't be a sucker.

And post-paid carriers love customers like you. If you can honestly sit there and say the S2 is an obsolete piece of equipment, because of the time it's been out, you're kind of ignorant.

I don't care about "the latest an greatest" phones they shit out every other week, I just want a phone that works when I want it to do something, thats it. If you want these phone carriers to hold you by the balls for 2 years, be my guest, but I'm perfectly fine with what I've got, just sayin

Reactions: SelfElevated2
Upvote 0

Seriously, just go with a contract carrier and get an S3. You'd pay about the same money in the next 24 months. And then you can upgrade for a minimal amount. Lol, unless you want to use a 3 year old SII in 2014. Don't be a sucker.

Actually, mathematically, you would be the sucker if you sign a 2yr contract for a subsidized phone. Let's calculate. $200 contract phone + $70/mo for 24 months = $1,880. Or no contract $370 phone + $40/mo for 24 months = $1,330. That's $550 in the pocket over the course of 2yrs, enough to buy another phone if you would like. Moreover, the $70/mo plan won't have unlimited voice mins. This is as cheap as it comes with these contract carriers. Most plans on 2yr contracts run over $100/mo with unlimited everything (although we know data is no longer unlimited). So the savings could be as high another $30/mo for 24 months or $720. Add that to the $550 and now we are talking....

Upvote 0
Boost loves customers like you...Don't be a sucker.

And post-paid carriers love customers like you...I'm perfectly fine with what I've got, just sayin

Both of you have valid points. Pre-paid and contract can cost a lot of money if you're buying/upgrading/changing often.

Everybody's situation is different. I say do whatever is best for you. Fortunately, I have a Warp that functions well and have good 3G service in my area...and right now that combo is fine with me.

Upvote 0
Force closes and reboots are a thing of the past my friend, come visit atr

Thanks, but no thanks :) This S2 is doing me wonders. The Hydro was beast mode too, but it's lack of screen resolution makes most games and some applications) incompatible. But that phone was just a hold me over til this thing came out. I still have it and will keep it

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I was just reading up about the nexus and straight talk seems like a good idea and the nexus is a nice phone minus the sd slot but it also sounds like a pain in the man region with all the sim cards and What not. I also read up on the Intel chips and they sound awesome. I think for now I'll hold off on the S2 even though it's a sick phone and wait to see the reviews of the new warp. Like o said I don't have 4g and that might be a waste of equipment. My 2

Reactions: nefcpainter119
Upvote 0
According to phone arena this phone will have a 256ppi which is pretty good compared to this warp with 217 ppi... Images should be clearer...

Not sure if this was posted before...

I was hoping we would get some news before the weekend because most sites don't have news on weekends (unless it's gaming and it's a press conference).

Btw, when they say the 17th it will be revealed, does that mean released or does that mean it will give us a release date?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones