newb mytouch slide owner

Last Updated:

1. metsfan89

metsfan89 New Member This Topic's Starter

whats up guys my names josh and im on tmobile now after an ugly break up with verizon lol i did some research and found that the my touch slide 3g was the best android phone tmobile had to offer and i wanted to try an android phone so i got it. i am loving everything about android 2.1 and im lovng all the aps widgets and internet browser if ridiculouly fast. blows my friends iphone 3g out of the water. Anyway just saying whats up guys and i am officially an android fanboy. im still new to the OS coming off of a blackberry but i have started to figure things out and its amazing everything you can do with this OS. im here to learn so any tips and tricks would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. Android Amateur

Android Amateur Well-Known Member

Ditto, ex-blackberry and myTouch SLide owner here too, I love the Sense UI and how quick the phone is... Do you have a Task Killer? I just installed one and it makes a huge difference! Just wish it would use Live Wallpapers but I can overlook that! Welcome friend!

3. metsfan89

metsfan89 New Member This Topic's Starter

No I don't which one should I download? And what is this root everyone is talking about? Also, I hears the slide is getting android 2.2 which is very exciting seeing how this os is amazing as it is lol

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!!

5. Android Amateur

Android Amateur Well-Known Member

The app I have is "Task Manager" and the icon in the Market is the android guy holding a red ball with X on it! Let me know if you need help with it but usually i just put it on autopilot which every 30 minutes kills apps and keeps your phone running fast! - Rooting is getting deeper into your device and FULLY customizing just about ANYTHING you can get your hands onto but the only thing is that it voids the warranty on your phone and if you dont know what your doing you can mess your whole system up... YES froyo is going to be frikin AWESOME! I first heard it was coming by the end of Q2 which ends tonight but it doesnt look like it... Im guessing this month sometime!