• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root newb needs help

playdoe

Jan 25, 2015
Hey guys...so i rooted my phone with the kingo app. I have the zte mega, by boost mobile, N9520. So after rooting my SU is now constantly asking me to update binary. Normal,or Twrp/Philz method ..either way it's says it failed. I used flashify and proceeded to try and install philz to no avail, thinking that it could fix the issue of the binaries. Everytime it says installation failed.Even the actual updates from boost say verification failed installation aborted,which is the same thing I got when attempting to install Philz. I'm going to try and root it with the method in one of these posts, the pdanet +adb way. Hopefully this will work and let my binaries install. Any suggestions will help. Also for those of you with space issues the Link2Sd works fine with the phone and pairing it with eXTERNAL2iNTERNAL app you have a flawless system. I now have plenty of games and plenty of space left.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones