Newb question about ROMs and Rooting

Last Updated:

1. clokwork

clokwork Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As with many, I don't like ANY of the bloatware Verizon has installed on the phone. The fear I have regarding rooting and throwing a ROM on there is the integrity of what I am putting on my phone (security?) Maybe I am just being over-cautious.

What options do I have? I read somewhere about a possible way to remove programs from the current ROM. Is that correct? Is there an "official" Incredible ROM that just has the basics (basically no Verizon junk)?

Sorry for the stupid questions. I am closer and closer to rooting due to all of the extra software surprises, especially after the update.

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

You might want to take a look at Virtuous ROM. You can remove a lot of the bloat yourself with the included Virtuous Buddy app and also Virtuous is about as close to stock froyo as I have seen. The dev is very active. Have you read up on the different ROM options for the Inc? Take a look here and here for Virtuous ROM info.

Just take your time and read up. It will pay off and you'll get what you want and what you like.