Newb Questions:Support

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my DINC just came in today and obviously there are tons of things I am trying to figure out. I'll try to combine as many as possible so that I don't piss everyone off with repeated threads....

• How come some of my contacts won't sync with facebook? It seems like there's almost separate address books or something. I have all my contacts synced w/ GMail and I can access all of them when I do stuff like text/email/call but opening "people" not everyone is there and only a few have Facebook synced
    • Can I combine my GMail messages w/ my sms messages?
    • In "Messages" there's that little slider thing that takes you from "All" to "SMS/MMS" to "Visual Voicemail: Can I replace Visual Voicemail with Google Voice?
    • Is there a way to get notifications (not emails) from facebook so I don't have to open up the app and check it every time?
    • is there a way to make it so if you press any of the hard buttons the screen lights up? (instead of just the top lock button)
    That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there are more :D

Advertisement
  2. BadBoy5537

BadBoy5537 Member

- you have to manually sync some people it doesnt detect everyone
    - no
    - no
    - you can set some notifications with the facebook for android under settings but the email method would be the fastest
    - no

3. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There's not a way to have a little notification "star" on the Facebook icon or something?

And I must be missing something because I can't figure out the contact list or "people". When I open up a specific contact, slide over to the Update/sync contact (or something like that) and select Facebook it just says "No contacts". Why can I manually attach people to each other?